Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of us lately, I have had time on my hands. Time and a small stack of 2x4s left over from a remodeling project.
Decided to cobble them together into a dedicated gun bench, or table really. Since my handloading endeavors are small scale and my available space limited, I went conservative. Its a 24"x48" work surface and 30" high. Top is two panels of 1/2" plywood glued and legs are doubled studs. Freestanding and heavy. I designed this bench around my old faithful JR3. No more clamping it to the table saw to load a batch. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the compliments everyone. Yeah, I looked at lots of guys concepts dreaming this up, likely saw your benches if posted online somewhere. A good time building it though and got out of the missus' hair for a few. Now for some man clutter. Thanks again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plywood, screws, glue cost me $40. The 2x4s I had on hand but I bought them at some point so probably +/- $75 in it. My plan was to use 1 sheet of plywood but what Lowes had looked like an accordion. I opted for some nicer precut stuff that cost a little more. Thanks for the compliments. I'm busting the champagne on it this weekend!

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: DQL5150

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep its empty looking now but gradually changing. Til now, my gear has been kept in Rubbermaids. PITA actually. I only load 4 rifle calibers at the moment so, other than my tools, not a lot of supplies on hand. Thanks all for the compliments. FireEscape, armabill and all others who serve or have served, Thank You!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts