Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to my mom's today and she wanted me to look at my dad's old semi-auto pistol that has not been shot for a while. I asked if she really wanted it, if not i would take it home and give it a good cleaning and add it to my small collection. I have added a few pictures and would appreciate help identifying it :confused:

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Google is your friend. Just put in "Looking Glass Pistol". It points to a lot of info including this on GunBroker.com regarding someone's inquiry about a similar pistol.

"The Looking Glass pistol was made by the Spanish firm of the Acha Brothers, located in Vitoria Spain. Because of the Spanish Proof Marks on the pistol, manufacture can be dated to the late 20's early 30's time frame, prior to the Spanish Civil War in the mid 30's. The Acha pistol manufacturing firm wasn't in business after the end of the Civil War, this means your pistol is at least 75 years old."

·
Registered
5,501 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could not find anyone showing or telling how to field strip this gun but since its a copy of the Browning, there was instructions how to field strip it. This gun comes appart the same way, not as easy as my SR40. The gun is all cleaned up and now to find some .25ACP :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Could not find anyone showing or telling how to field strip this gun but since its a copy of the Browning, there was instructions how to field strip it. This gun comes appart the same way, not as easy as my SR40. The gun is all cleaned up and now to find some .25ACP :)
I've got a couple very old guns that I've inherited. Other than keeping them clean, and preserving them as best I can, I will probably never shoot them. :eek:

One that comes to mind is a rabbit eared, 12 gauge double barreled shotgun that my grandfather passed on to my Daddy.

Daddy died in 2001, at the ripe old age of 82.

The best that I can make out of the light engraving is Russell Arms, 08.

I remember Daddy warning me way back in the 1970's to never shoot it with modern ammunition, because the Damascus Twist Steel barrel could not handle modern ammo.

For years now, it's just been sitting in the back corner of the safe.

I guess that I should investigate it's history.

Thanks for the reminder.

Duane

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well after hours of google and youtube videos i relised that this gun is missing a very important part, i did not notice this when i took it appart not having a parts break down. The slide return spring guide is missing, i am not sure if or how my dad shot this gun without it :(

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i gave it a try, the guide pin binds up on the slide hole making the gun so tight i could not pull the slide back far enough to lock it back to install the barrel. I am not to upset, .25 ammo is so hard to find and it's not a gun i plan to shoot, just wanted to make fully functional.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well i gave it a try, the guide pin binds up on the slide hole making the gun so tight i could not pull the slide back far enough to lock it back to install the barrel. I am not to upset, .25 ammo is so hard to find and it's not a gun i plan to shoot, just wanted to make fully functional.

why do you think .25acp is hard to find? Cheaper Than Dirt has tons of it,just check around.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.