Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a few hours at the range shooting my new SR22 for the first time today. Wanted to see which ammo it preferred. It performed flawlessly with almost everything I fed it - Winchester 333, Remington Golden, Remington Thunderbolt, CCI (Varmit, Tactical, Special, Standard, MiniMags), and the guy in the next bay gave me some Federal to shoot.

The ONLY issue I had were 3 FTF with my first magazine of Winchesters. Did 3 more magazines of Win. with no issue. This gun was so much fun to shoot, and it ate anything I fed it! I shot about 500 rounds.

Personally, I didn't really like the Thunderbolts (very dirty/smokey) but my gun didn't seem to care! I'll use up this brick and won't waste my money on buying it again. I absolutely LOVED the CCI Mini Mags and CCI Standard.

I highly recommend this gun! Thanks to my dear husband for the Christmas gift an introducing me to a great new hobby! Can't wait to tell the gals at the quilt shop - won't they be surprised!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I picked up one with the 4.50" barrel on Saturday. Spent a few hours and put 325 rounds of Federal Automatch through it. Had two duds, and two that I had to pull the trigger a few times and they fired. The gun itself was flawless! It's a great shooting gun, I love it!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Mine seems to take anything I feed it too. I do find that the Federal Auto Match 325ct. seems to really deposit a lot of lead on the feed ramp. Cleans up easy so far.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I like mine as well and super glad you had so much fun, I only wish I had more time to do the same

·
Registered
181 Posts
The SR22 is a great little pistol. I carry it with me in the yard with shotshell in case of copperhead.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Thanks for the report and congrats on the new SR22. Most people seem to like them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
This was on my very short list when it was released. I got one within a couple weeks and have been shooting every since. It always goes to the range with me! I have never had any issues and I couldn't even guess how many rounds are through it!

The worst part is reloading the mags since I only have two of them. I definitely would be shooting it a lot more if I had more magazines!

This is a tried and true pistol, its great for people to learn with and also to improve on their form.

I wish you many thousand rounds of happiness!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spent a few hours at the range shooting my new SR22 for the first time today. Wanted to see which ammo it preferred. It performed flawlessly with almost everything I fed it - Winchester 333, Remington Golden, Remington Thunderbolt, CCI (Varmit, Tactical, Special, Standard, MiniMags), and the guy in the next bay gave me some Federal to shoot.

The ONLY issue I had were 3 FTF with my first magazine of Winchesters. Did 3 more magazines of Win. with no issue. This gun was so much fun to shoot, and it ate anything I fed it! I shot about 500 rounds.

Personally, I didn't really like the Thunderbolts (very dirty/smokey) but my gun didn't seem to care! I'll use up this brick and won't waste my money on buying it again. I absolutely LOVED the CCI Mini Mags and CCI Standard.

I highly recommend this gun! Thanks to my dear husband for the Christmas gift an introducing me to a great new hobby! Can't wait to tell the gals at the quilt shop - won't they be surprised!
The gun itself was flawless! It's a great shooting gun, I love it!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Hey guys the SR22 is one gun I have liked only heard positive on them. One question how would this gun work for a CCW gun??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats!

The SR22 is on my 'next purchase' list. Thanks for the positive review. AND, I'm sure 'the gals at the quilt shop' will indeed be surprised! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
after too long an interval i got reacquainted with my sr22 twice recently outside in subfreezing weather. blazer, eagle, centurion, cci standard and cci minimag ammo all shot without a hiccup into palm sized groups at 20'. my wrists are fast arriving at an age where recoil is an issue, so i foresee more quality time with the sr22, including for protection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my SR22 about 6 months ago and love it. Mine only eats CCI MiniMags. It won't feed any regular velocity ammo. I sent it back to Ruger and they changed the barrel but I didn't notice any difference. Any ideas? I'd love to shoot regular velocity stuff. Love the lack of recoil with regular velocity ammo.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Spent a few hours at the range shooting my new SR22 for the first time today.
Congrats on your new SR22. Getting ready to take mine to the range, only my second time shooting it.

I do find it helpful when the folks here report on how ammo performs for them.

So far I've purchased 600 CCI mini-mags, and first time out fired 200 rounds- had 1FTF and 3 FTE. FTE may have been a result of poor technique/limp wristing. Hoping this will diminish as I break myself, and the SR22 in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts