Ruger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hope this is not true, Said Ruger is so far behine that they are letting guns go out with minor problems, anyone hear of that,
I purchased a Mark III a few months back and the mainspring housing didn't fit properly into the grip frame. The problem wasn't obvious until I went to fieldstrip it for its inital cleaning. I do have to say though that the problem absolutely should have been caught by the assembly person (or was but still boxed and shipped to maintain an assembly quota).

After sending it back, Ruger replaced the mainspring housing and the entire lower receiver. The gun was ultimately made right but it definitely had issues that should have stopped it from going out in the first place.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It's the reason I have not purchased any Rugers this year.
They are trying to push out way too many firearms and we keep hearing about
the results in here. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the mark III I bought had a wide gap where the barrel sits on top of the frame, not as tight as other mark III I look at, its back at Ruger right now, stop and think 1st day air out there. plus 1st day air back $$$$ it would have been cheaper for Ruger just to make it right the 1st time around

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Hope this is not true, Said Ruger is so far behine that they are letting guns go out with minor problems, anyone hear of that,
I don't believe that to be true.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
My SR1911 is flawless. My other two Rugers I had, were not. I still love Ruger though.

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
Based on the threads here and other places, I think Ruger has had trouble transitioning to the higher volumes of products manufactured since the Great Hussein has been in office. Having said that, I see the same complaints with S&W, Glock, S.I.G., etc., etc., on boards.

Ruger, like the other manufactures listed above stand behind their products. I wouldn't let a few problems stop me from buying one from any one of those companies.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I would have to say that they aren't doing it intentionally. I don't believe some worker is looking at a broken gun and pushing it through hoping the customer will never notice. Have you ever bought something that needed a repair? Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan... They all release cars that need warranty repairs and even the occasional recall.

I do think that the amount they are speeding up production is directly proportionate to the number of duds coming out of the factory but that may just be numbers. Say they make 10,000 guns and have 20 broken ones. Then they make 1,000,000 guns and have 2,000 broken ones. It's just numbers.

Also, happy customers are far less likely to share their good experiences than angry customers are to share their bad experiences. When I get something crappy I want to tell th world so they don't buy the same crappy item.

I doubt Ruger is passing off broken guns to meet numbers.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I would have to say that they aren't doing it intentionally. I don't believe some worker is looking at a broken gun and pushing it through hoping the customer will never notice. Have you ever bought something that needed a repair? Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan... They all release cars that need warranty repairs and even the occasional recall.

I do think that the amount they are speeding up production is directly proportionate to the number of duds coming out of the factory but that may just be numbers. Say they make 10,000 guns and have 20 broken ones. Then they make 1,000,000 guns and have 2,000 broken ones. It's just numbers.

Also, happy customers are far less likely to share their good experiences than angry customers are to share their bad experiences. When I get something crappy I want to tell th world so they don't buy the same crappy item.

I doubt Ruger is passing off broken guns to meet numbers.
+1 to that! The Forums hear about the problems more than the successes.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Based on the threads here and other places, I think Ruger has had trouble transitioning to the higher volumes of products manufactured since the Great Hussein has been in office. Having said that, I see the same complaints with S&W, Glock, S.I.G., etc., etc., on boards.

Ruger, like the other manufactures listed above stand behind their products. I wouldn't let a few problems stop me from buying one from any one of those companies.
Same here.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Doesn't make for a good business plan, so I hope it is not true..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seems more like growing pains than anything else. As said, if you have a 5% defect rate, and you triple your production rate, there are simply more defects out there. I also agree that forums like this make it more obvious to the public than before. Before the Internet, if you had a problem with a gun, you took it to the dealer or sent it back. Maybe you mentioned it to a few friends. Now if you have a problem, you announce it to a few thousand of your Internet friends. I have always felt that quality control on weapons should be very high, and it only makes sense for manufactures to follow this simply for liability isssues. Seriously increasing production is a big, time consuming effort to take on, hopefully once companies have some time to adjust, quality and supply should get back to where it once was.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I wonder if your dealer's business doubled in one year, if he could handle the extra load without issues (BTW, it's a lot easier to handle a doubling of a retail business than that of a design and manufacturing business like Ruger.)

If he is a Ruger dealer, then ask him if he is doing an extra check on each Ruger that comes is to be sure that none of customers gets a "minor" problem.

If Rugers are selling that well, then he should be "doing the extra service" to keep a top seling product line in his stable, and to keep his customers happy.

I'll be he isn't.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why should it be his job to check out every Ruger that he orders, I am sure that he looks them over to check for damage, pride starts home, AT the Ruger factory, he not going to measure everything that he gets in from Ruger.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I feel it's the consumer's responsibility to "kick the tires" before taking possession of a firearm. Visible issues with a new gun can and should be handled by the dealer before the handshake, while it is still his. That being said, if the dealer is merely providing the transfer of a gun that you purchased elsewhere (like Bud's), you take a chance.
The good news is it's a Ruger and I'm sure they will make it right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.