Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some new stags for my go-to gun. It's a New Vaquero in .45 Colt. I think the elk grips give it that old-school-cool look, and am very pleased with the fit. I'll have to do just the slightest bit of fitting, but these have a nice, warm feel to them. Very comfortable to shoot with. These were made by Sack Peterson, and he does some fine work. Not the fastest, but some of the best.

· Banned
4,290 Posts
Sweet!!! I like the holster too.

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
Great grips, great leather, superb caliber...Rod

· Registered
6,216 Posts
Can't go wrong with that! Nice!!!

· Registered
76 Posts
Very nice grips.
I also like the holster, but what, please, does the flap (or whatever that is with something stamped on it) over the cylinder do?
Also, it appears the holster carries the gun with no cant, in other words, straight up, correct?
Thanks

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice grips.
I also like the holster, but what, please, does the flap (or whatever that is with something stamped on it) over the cylinder do?
Also, it appears the holster carries the gun with no cant, in other words, straight up, correct?
Thanks
Chief1 - The piece sewn to the front of the holster is there as the second belt attachment point. By using what is essentially a Threepersons holster design, I didn't have to come up with a new pattern from my usual design. I just extended the trigger side for one belt loop, and then added the "flap" for the second. It has the effect of keeping the gun pulled tightly in to my side. You are correct that there is no cant on this one. I've done others with a cant, but prefer the gun straight up and down. It is just easier for me to draw. Since I just make these for my own guns, I've experimented to find what fits my body the best.

Thanks for the comments and questions!

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Stag grips on a Vaquaro...doesn't get any nicer than that! Beautiful....congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.