Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory 7 round magazine that came with my Kahr CW9 broke at the range yesterday. The front of the follower snapped off. I'm bringing it back to the store on Monday. This gun has 320 rounds through it. I'm hoping this is a one time issue and that they will just replace it. In the meantime I will have to use one of my backups as my main carry until I can get a new magazine. This does not instill confidence, factory magazines shouldn't break.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

The factory 7 round magazine that came with my Kahr CW9 broke at the range yesterday. The front of the follower snapped off. I'm bringing it back to the store on Monday. This gun has 320 rounds through it. I'm hoping this is a one time issue and that they will just replace it. In the meantime I will have to use one of my backups as my main carry until I can get a new magazine. This does not instill confidence, factory magazines shouldn't break.
Keep us posted on the CW9. I've read some not-so-good things on the forums about Kahrs, but you know how forums are. Everyone who has problems, complain and the ones who don't aren't heard from as much. They look like a nice CCW candidate.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They sent me 2 replacement followers by next day air. There's a rumor that they will issue a "recall" of sorts on the followers they are using right now. Supposedly they will send out replacement followers for the magazines that are made of higher quality plastic.

I bought 3 aftermarket magazines to use. I haven't tried them yet but they lock the slide back so that's a good sign.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

They sent me 2 replacement followers by next day air. There's a rumor that they will issue a "recall" of sorts on the followers they are using right now. Supposedly they will send out replacement followers for the magazines that are made of higher quality plastic.

I bought 3 aftermarket magazines to use. I haven't tried them yet but they lock the slide back so that's a good sign.
Wow! Next day air. That's good customer service!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts