Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first sporting clays shotgun. 1993 Browning 325 12 gauge with 30" ported barrels. Been shooting sporting clays every week since then, even in horrid weather. I'm hooked. Don't use the gun much anymore, but she has a special place with me! :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Shot sporting clays a few times in my life. It was loads of fun although I always had issues with the rabbit.... :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rabbits will become the easiest, scout's honor!! They decelerate much quicker than air targets...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
the rabbits will become the easiest, scout's honor!! They decelerate much quicker than air targets...
Patience has never been one of my strongest suits....:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ColoradoChris, where are you located in that wonderful and beautiful state!?!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I went to the skeet range many times when I was younger - the Winchester Range in west Dallas - now it's called Elm Fork Shooting. One of the last times I shot when I was in my early 20's, I hit 23/25 - missed the very first one and very last one, hit everything in-between.

Then fast forward about 30 years after building a career and raising three kids and at 53 I'm getting back into it again. I've got a Browning Twentyweight 12 gauge 2-shot auto that's fun to shoot (but has a bit of a kick). Now I'm lucky to hit 18 of 25!

I'm really wanting to get a gas-operated auto, I love the Beretta A400 Xplor Light 3" but they are sort of expensive ($1,600)... or possibly a Browning Maxus... or maybe a Benelli... who knows! Heck I'd settle for a Remington 1100...

But I do love the sport and wish I was out there now!

I shot 5-stand for my first time when I was at the Sea Island Resort last fall and it was fantastic.. we went through four boxes of shells in a hurry.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice U/O.
Enjoy.
I'm off to shoot clays this morning myself.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Sweet! I had Orvis order a 12 gauge o/u Caesar Guerini made to my build/size, while I was still living in NY. Beautiful gun, made all the difference, no more excuses.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great shotgun, I had both the 12 & 20 Browning 325s I few years back, the 20 had 30" tubes and had really nice balance.

I sold the 20 to a friend of mine and he still has it, he knows that if he is ever going to sell it to call me first.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also owned a 20g/30" 325 without ported barrels and fixed chokes, IC/IM. Couldn't shoot the gun worth a crap...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I bought the gun (a demo) back in 93 and paid $1200 for it. The current 725 which I also own retails for $3200 which I paid $2600 for, street price...

here's my Browning 725 Sporter...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Beautiful shooters. Obummer is not being kind to your sport!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Beautiful guns! If you can shoot them as good as they look, you are a potential champion. BTW, nice Rolie Sub also ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts