Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been around them my whole life.. i always wanted one and finally pulled the trigger:). ruger 10/22 "i-tac" model 1296 i think. scope is a leupold 1x4 vari-x II.

i've put around 750 rounds through it so far. i really like the gun alot. however, after shooting my cousin's 10/22 with VQ trigger kit... i will be addressing the trigger on mine in the near future. still debating which route to take on that. either way, i am a proud 10/22 owner now.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
These were going for $90 recently...I guess they were on sale or something...lots of people say this is the best performing among the replacement parts available...Ruger 10/22 "trigger job" kit

I have the Volquartsen target hammer/spring...Power Custom adjustable sear...and I drilled/tapped my factory trigger for an over-travel stop...

IMO...the adjustable sear and over travel stop are great to have...the "target hammer" reduces the weight of the trigger pull by approximately 50% which is perfect for me...the adjustable sear allows you to take up most of the slack in the "pre-travel"...the post travel stop makes a big difference to me...

You can "stone" your factory hammer/sear for a lighter pull and drill/tap your trigger for over-travel stop but if you screw up the hammer/sear you will need the new parts anyway...and still no pre-travel take-up on the sear...

If you want to save the money and drill/tap your own trigger you can get this power custom package...

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=power+custom+adjustable+sear

VQ, PC both have triggers w/ over-travel stops available but if you are going to buy the sear/hammer/trigger w/stop then you might as well get the Kidd package...if I was going to do another one I would get the Kidd package...

There are quite a few complete drop in trigger groups available as well...

Triggershims.com has some good info on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.0.81.805.12.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.FEieeAc0tAU

----------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome...great first 22 rifle. The 10/22 is the benchmark of .22 rifles and is just endless fun. Glad you're enjoying it. Tons of stuff to learn about here in the forum. Enjoy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Enjoy, and welcome. Great .22 (and stick with Ruger magazines and you'll always go bang).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts