Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first 10-22, actually, I just bought my first firearm in May when I got my CCP, now I have 10 guns, this is a sickness. For my first 22, well, actually my second, my father-in-law gave me a older 22, tube mag that I haven't investigated yet. My ruger is a stainless target model, 20", came with no sights so I installed a red dot and just got it sighted in the other day. I'm using it for 22 match night at my local range. Any other mods that anybody suggests? It has a nice trigger feel, stock maybe about 1 inch to long but other than that it feels nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, the match shoot is 75 feet and 5 different steel targets and timed against others. I fall right in the middle of the pack with 22 pistol and using my 45 for combat shoot nights but since I haven't shot a rifle since I was 12 which was almost 35 years ago I don't have to high of expectations my fist week :rolleyes:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
BTW, the match shoot is 75 feet and 5 different steel targets and timed against others. I fall right in the middle of the pack with 22 pistol and using my 45 for combat shoot nights but since I haven't shot a rifle since I was 12 which was almost 35 years ago I don't have to high of expectations my fist week :rolleyes:
Shootin' is like riding a bicyle. Once you learn you never forget.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
+1 ... I was surprised how well I did after a 14 year layoff. Never going to allow another layoff though. :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I should have mentioned shooting a long gun instead cuz it was a shotgun back then. I have been into pistols since May and this is my first rifle to shoot. I have a natural knack for a pistol but being heavily left eye dominate the rifle is going to be harder.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
303lithgow said:
Not really.

You may remember how to make it go bang, but not the nuances of safety and accurate shooting. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.