Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on these boards since I haven't had anything new happen to my collection. I've been sticking with my trusty SR9c as my daily CCW and it's been awesome for me so far. I have over 2000 rounds through it, using all sorts of ammunition. Hasn't had a problem at all.

Anyways, the other day, my bookkeeper (*ahem* wife *ahem*) said that we had a little extra money so I could go get another gun. My choice as long as it was reasonable in price and had a manual safety.

I always wanted a 1911 and I heard good things about the original 5" Ruger 1911. I went looking for a bit and saw that Ruger also had a lightweight commander version! By luck my LGS had one in stock for $700.00 before taxes. I jumped on it!

After I took it home to clean and lube, I went to the range the next day and I ran 300 rounds through it. 150 rounds of 230gr hardball and 150 rounds of 230gr Winchester JHP. No jams, no feed issues, accuracy was combat acceptable out to 25 yards. At the usual combat self defense distance of 7 to 10 yards, I was able to easily put double taps center mass.

I ordered an Alien Gear 3.0 holster for it and now it's in my CCW rotation. Fit and finish is great, the trigger is pretty good (it does have a little bit of takeup before a clean break), and the weight is manageable when I'm carrying IWB.

Thanks for reading and pictures below!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations and great choice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts