Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never thought I'd own an AK! The local prices are starting to skyrocket and I got a real good deal at the LGS I help out at. uploadfromtaptalk1450956105027.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
The AK is a fine carbine. For a long time I stayed away from them as they were the commie guns of the enemy. However since some of the those same enemies are now allies ( Poland, Hungary etc ) I changed my mind

They are crud compared to the AR but I love the simplicity. Everything is easy to get to on them and they just work. Take off the dust cover and pull the gas tube. They will still work.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one also has a walnut stock and its American made!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Very nice, I really like the wood on your AK. You will enjoy the gun. Stock up on Mags and ammo just in case that one girl wins the election.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, I really like the wood on your AK. You will enjoy the gun. Stock up on Mags and ammo just in case that one girl wins the election.
Plenty of mags available in the area but the ammo is drying up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The AK is a fine carbine. For a long time I stayed away from them as they were the commie guns of the enemy. However since some of the those same enemies are now allies ( Poland, Hungary etc ) I changed my mind

They are crud compared to the AR but I love the simplicity. Everything is easy to get to on them and they just work. Take off the dust cover and pull the gas tube. They will still work.
So are they a fine carbine or crud? And which one do you own?

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Love me some AK, I'll take any of mine over any of my ARs if nhe SHTF. They are way more reliable than the AR when it's dirty.

OP, when you get the chance and find a WASR 10/63, snap it up, for a basic AK you can't beat it. You always have to have more than one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love AK'S. I don't want to be caught cleaning my AR when the Jihadis come to kill me with their AK's.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts

Yep, a commie gun...but arguably the greatest battle carbine ever made. :cool:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Just before Christmas this year, I bought myself a brand spanking new, in the box Russian made AK-47. I've shot quite a few, and modified several others for friends etc., but never owned one. This one came with an additional magazine, (30 round) and 3 (20 round) boxes of ammo. (very nice gun shop owner) I since bought 500 rounds of the cheapest ammo I could find, and that little carbine never even had a hic cup. It's not the most accurate carbine made but it sure as heck would get the job done in a pinch.:D

Bought 3 additional magazines, P-Mags (30 rounders) at a different LGS for $14.95 each.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts