Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my christmas present alittle early this year (only because of the paperwork). I can't wait to shoot this cannon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, i'm hoping eventually it will stop raining enough so i can go try it out....There is an indoor range an hour from here, i've been thinking about heading up there for the day.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What exactly is that Velvalco? I mean what model number? It is Very pretty!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
quote:Originally posted by velvalco

awsome gun, i gotta start reloading before it breaks me.
I want to start reloading too. I was just reading an article on the 180 grain bullet. Supposed to be a great all around weight. Good for plinking and hunting. It's supposed to spare your wrists too. Others here may have an opinion on this.

Glad you like your new gun. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i believe it's a KS-458N. Unfortunately i do not have the box or manual for this one. How can i tell for sure what the model number is????

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Well Doctor what do you think? I concur, it looks to me like a very serious case of Rugeritis....is there a cure? Not in the known world...all we can do is let it run it's course.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by peace

Well Doctor what do you think? I concur, it looks to me like a very serious case of Rugeritis....is there a cure? Not in the known world...all we can do is let it run it's course.
you are absolutly right Peace, I have to at least find temporary relief from this addiction. My wife is starting to get worried......

·
Registered
219 Posts
Howdy Velvalco,
The numbers would be as follows; K (Stainless Steel) B (Blackhawk) N (New Model) N- 4 (45 cal) and for Barrel length 4 (4 5/8”0, 55 (5 ½”), or 5 (7 ½”)
So KBN-44 is most likely what yours is. With an ‘L’ on the end it’s black rubber grips. With nothing on the end, it’s rosewood grips but I don’t know what it is with those grips if they are factory installed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm not sure if those are factory installed grips, but i beleive the grip panels are the simulated ivory panels offered on the ruger web site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts