Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in a LGS yesterday that tends to have some S&W 3rd gen mags from time to time and while I was there thought might as well look at the guns. (cause that's never a bad idea. :)

And there they had a LCR 9mm for $400! I thought it had to be wrong as it looked new, so I asked the guy behind the counter if it was new and he replied that it was used. Then I asked if it had any other goodies and he came back with the box and everything!

So for $400 OTD I now have a plastic fantastic 9mm again. (although I like the trigger better than the Glock's. )

It was test fired on 12/12/14 and I don't think it has been shot much as it doesn't have a turn ring, granted the finish on the cylinder seems pretty tough. I dry fired it a good 200 times yesterday then put 50rds of WWB 115gr. and 10rds of HST 124gr. +P through it (was going to shoot more but fell asleep for an hour and a half after getting home from work.) The trigger is very nice but I will need to get used to the slightly longer pull as I short stroked it a couple of times dry firing it fast.

Shot it next to a LCR 38 with Crimson trace LG's and recoil was about the same until we shot the +p 124 HST's in 9mm and .38 125gr. +P Golden Sabers and I think the .38's had a bit more kick granted the grips don't help and the gun is lighter.

So now I need to get some boot grips, Remora holster and some of those Del Fatti moon clip carriers and I'll be set...and maybe a night sight. (wish the XS standard dots worked...)

This might end up replacing my 642 as a BUG, but will be nice to have both on lighter days.

I'll try and post photo's latter but you all know what an LCR looks like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on a great fine. It sure never hurts to look around. The LCR 9 will be my next purchase, just need my mad money to build a little more. I would love to stumble upon a lightly used one like yours. Again, congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Hope to have photos and more of a range report this weekend.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Great find.
My LCR9 is my EDC.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a good price. I've had mine for a few months and around 300 rounds. Hornady Critical Defense 115 grain is what it eats. They are nice little snubbies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts