Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my fourteen year old daughter and sixteen year old son to the range today. My son has shot once before (and loved it), my daughter had not.
She started off with my 22/45, first shot is middle top of the bullseye at 25 metres, WOW. All shots on paper..... :D
So then we went to the CZ75B. Pretty much the same.
So I asked if she wanted to shoot the SR1911, she says ok (didn't think she would).
Handled it like she'd done it all before, some muzzle flip as to be expected, but was pretty much straight back on target.
Samuel shot the SR1911 for the first time also, still trying to wipe the smile off his face..... :D
Both shot the CZ452 and Samuel shot the Ruger #1 in .270 Win. as well.
I tested some new loads for a couple of handguns as well (yes, I did get to have a shot)..... :D
Great day with two of my children.
P.S. I now have six handguns and two rifles to clean..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Get the kids to help clean. I have fond memories of helping my dad clean his rifles after going shooting.

I am sure those are some great memories you made for kids. Good job Dad!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
way to go mr. james, wonderful to hear of your young adults doing adult things. cherish them while possible, for they will be out of pocket before long. mine are all worldly busy now and i miss the times i had. congratulate miss 'annie oakley' for me and Dixie.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Way to go, James! I love taking my kids out to shoot. It is good father-kid time, besides lots of fun and the chance to teach them to be safe and not afraid of guns. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your experience is like watching your son hit a home run at Little League. My kids are grown adults now and we've spent many hours at the range with memories we both won't forget. I know what you mean about the cleaning of the guns afterwards though.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
You should date the targets & hang them up for the kid's high school graduation parties along with their other awards! LOL

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, we did have a great day and will be doing it again when time becomes available.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good to hear that you take them shooting. Daughter liked to go shooting with me but she lives about 400 mi away now. Took some pictures of her shooting. And she took them to school and did a little bragging. She said most at school couldn't believe she liked to shoot. Miss those days.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear that you take them shooting. Daughter liked to go shooting with me but she lives about 400 mi away now. Took some pictures of her shooting. And she took them to school and did a little bragging. She said most at school couldn't believe she liked to shoot. Miss those days.
My children live 6 1/2 hours away.
When my sixteen year old son first shot, he couldn't wait to show the pics.
Got some good pics. yesterday as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts