Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been on for a while, I suffered a severe ankle sprain playing baseball and havent ben doing a whole heck of a lot of stuff. But I do miss this forum and its members. So I want some advice and to share some of my excitement. First of all, and most importantly, is my beautiful fiancee. She is the most wonderful person I have ever met.... No one else has ever made me so happy as her. She has so much going for her, she is beautiful, she is funny, she is smart, and she is just a dream to me. We argue over who has to die first because we cant imagine life without each other. I was never so smitten by any girl. So I proposed, she didnt even let me get it out before she said yes, I said "will you" and she screamed and said "YES!!!!" Happiest moment of my life, now we arent getting married at this moment, but we are engaged. It could be years idk.

But she is going to college to be an accountant, and I have yet to commit to any schooling... So I am very very close to signing up for Act 120 police academy at my local college. I love the idea of serving the community and being a moral and upstanding figure in the community. So being a police officer seems like a solid choice for me. Is the pay wonderful? Eh its good enough for me. Like my fiancee said "If you want to make 40-50K a year as officer Snyder I am more than happy with that.... With my income on top we will be in good shape." I want to love my job and I would love that. The pay is solid enough to make it worthwhile. But do any LEO's have any advice for me in this career choice? Any advice would be appreciated.

I will post a picture of my fiancee shortly if my smarty phone cooperates. We are young but we arent looking to get married at the moment either. We were friends for 3 years before we fell in love. And I was her first boyfriend, the first guy she kissed, and its amazing because i never thought we would be anything but friends haha.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So hopefully i am a police officer in a few years, doing my duty, and coming home at the end of the day to my wife a happy man. Thats my vision

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Congrats! I'm not an LEO although I have had several family members in the field and admire the profession. If that is what you think is your calling, go for it!

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot be in police academy until I am 21 so I guess now would be the time to sign up for criminal justice or similar classes... I will be making some phone calls and investigating this all.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I sincerely wish you all the best, TC

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Best of luck, TC, and congratulations on the engagement.

·
Pony Soldier
8,636 Posts
I majored in CJ in college and found it facinating.
Although I never entered the Law enforcement field, I have never regretted that background.
Most people your age don't have a clue what they want to do in life, so follow your dreams, and keep that pretty lady happy.

Greg

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Congratulations and good luck!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The love of a good woman will change your life. You know you're in love when another's welfare and happiness are more important than your own.
Good luck with school.
And remember the main idea behind LE is "Protect and Serve."

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Congratulation. She is a very pretty young lady. LE is an honorable profession, and a great way to serve your community. Just keep a level head and remember that you're there to serve. I enjoyed my time in LE.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Just make sure that you get along with, and enjoy being around her mother......I say this because there WILL come a day when you will wake up one morning and that is who she will be......Mark my words....I speak from experience ;):D

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Congratulations. I got married young and had yet to finish my degree. You just need a vision and dedication. I wish you both luck! :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Follow your dreams, you are very blessed in having a career path you feel you will enjoy and having a future partner (quite attractive also) that supports your decision.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
That is great!
Now if you want to guarantee a long and happy married life be sure to make the one true God who is the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit the head of your hosehold.

·
Super Moderator
21,680 Posts
TC:

Get the degree first. Who knows that may pull you interests into a slightly different direction like studying the law and becoming a lawyer. If not then the timing will be just about right for the police academy after you get the degree. Her skills are highly transferrable as everyone needs a good accountant so if you managed to get something at the state or even federal level you are both young and mobile.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Trigger Creep, thanks for sharing this significant moment in your life. May you have many more positive events. You seem to be an intelligent and articulate individual.

This is a time for you to explore and research what you might like to do for a vocation. Patience and a dose of reality and served many of us well. Talk with your school counsellors and take advantage of the instruments helping to determine interests and personality that lend to particular vocations. Do something you love to do.

You seem to have connected with someone to look toward the future, and share it with. Congratulations.

My younger son has a degree in Criminal Justice, did an internship and enjoyed the experience. He continued with a EMT Basic while exploring and researching a career as a first responder. In the process he got into several jobs and found a job he could make a nice living and is now in IT. His priorities changed over a six or seven year period he got older.

Best wishes to you. See you on RF.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,408 Posts
Congratulations and thank you for sharing with us that wonderful event in your young life.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts