Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok guys I think I have a problem with my Glock G35. I took it out today for the first time this year and had some issues. The target in the picture was set at 15yrds and I was shooting off hand. I know I’m a little rusty so some of my shots were off. I tried to full the target with holes but for some reason they all kept hitting in the middle. I thought Glocks were supposed to be combat handguns and their accuracy was supposed to be questionable at best. For the life of me I don’t understand why they didn’t scatter and fill the target. Then I got to thinking that maybe my ammo was defective as well. After all these were LEAD reloads and the gun didn’t go KaBoom and the barrel didn’t get all lead fouled. All I ever heard was you can’t shoot lead through a Glock or it will self-destruct. Humm….maybe it’s the polygonal barrel that’s the problem. More internet myth I suppose, after all polygonal barrels were around for a few hundred years before jacketed bullets were invented. Oh yeah before I forget. I didn’t get any light strikes either. I have the factory 3.5 connector with a 1lb lighter striker spring, 1lb heavier trigger spring, a trimmed plunger spring, a beveled plunger, and a nice little polish job. Was always told this was a bad combo cause it will net you a trigger pull of only about 2.5lbs and a very soft reset. It’s a Glock, its suppose to take all your might and both hands to squeeze that trigger, anything less and it could discharge all by itself and I’ll end up with a bullet in my leg.
Oh heck what do I know, I guess I’ll load up another batch and try again.

DISCLAMOR: Even though the facts about my gun and ammo are true the rest of the post is meant to be pure satire so please don’t take it personally or get your panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is most definitely defective. Send it to me for proper disposal.

Ed :D

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I personally don't care for Glocks, though the model 26 does peak my curiosity. However I don't think anyone can claim they aren't good guns. There's too many of them being used in LE and despite their substantial discounts, they wouldn't use them if they didn't work.

BTW - good shooting.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I personally don't care for Glocks, though the model 26 does peak my curiosity. However I don't think anyone can claim they aren't good guns. There's too many of them being used in LE and despite their substantial discounts, they wouldn't use them if they didn't work.

BTW - good shooting.
+1 There good guns , but overrated and overpriced for me .

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

BTW - good shooting.
The G26 is unbelievably accurate. I keep toying with the idea of selling it and getting a thinner carry gun but I just cannot justify it. The thing eats every ammo I feed it, never fails, and hits everything I want it to hit. It is small, but quite bulky. It's a bit uncomfortable to carry but that could be the fact that I don't use a good belt. Having said all that, if I had to choose one gun to depend on, my G26 would be the first one I would take out of the safe.

Nice shooting OP.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I think I spotted the problem. The safety doesn't work and the de-cocker doesn't de-cock, so you are flinching and pulling those rounds into the center ring.

Nothing wrong with Glocks, seems like just about everyone has at least one. I bought a Springfield XD40 instead.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Since it does seem everyone has one, my son included, I didn't want one.
There are too many other guns I desire. I bought an M&P 40 and I want an SR1911... and a stainless steel lever rifle...and an Alaskan...and a ......

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
It is most definitely defective. Send it to me for proper disposal.
Sorry Crazy Ed...I will help TMD dispose of his Glock 35!

I've had 7 of those disgustingly defective weapons over the years...and I had the same problem! If I hadn't had to sell them when I lost both of my jobs in 2009 and was unemployed for several months....I'd probably be stuck with them!

Amazingly, nearly 65% of all law enforcement officers, in this country, are issued the same ridiculously defective sidearm! Scary what administrations will force on their employees...and then count on to protect both them and us!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh...........YOUR Glock is junk and ugly............but that's because I want a model 20!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your problem is you are not shooting your Glock properly.I've seen enough TV to know they need to be turned sideways and then you pull the trigger as fast as you can.Also shot properly they will never run out of ammo!:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it is probably a defective hammer, and may have something to do with the transition from DA to SA...........if you address those issues, your Glock should be fine.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I love my 'crappy' G17 as well. While it isn't a beauty queen, it goes bang each and every time. Go figure, huh? :D

Kenny

·
Bat Man
1,666 Posts
Your technique is poor, you are pulling to center too much. Put your finger all the way through on the trigger, squeeze as tight as you can and just before the trigger breaks pull the trigger with a fast jerk back, you'll be properly pulling left and down in no time.

:-/

·
Registered
998 Posts
The only problem I see there is the distance that you placed that target! Why so close? I shoot my compact Glocks from that range! Move that target out to the 25 yard line and see what that precision weapon can really do! Then come back and post the pic of that one ragged hole!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts