Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These pictures are at ground level. Here is the pasture where I practice most of my range work. Example of the bison cutout, and on this day I was using my 45-90.

Once up into the woods this is what you see.

In this pic as you can see the little white farm house. That is my aunt and uncles place... The large pasture is where I was practicing with my bison target. I got all that area to the left to within about 100 yards of the red building in the upper part of the picture.

Here is the same area but taken farther up above the earth, and as you can see my close to home hunting is vast in size. The clear cut area is all corperate timber company property, that provides plenty of whitetail and elk and black bear, with an occational moose thown in. You do have to keep your eyes open for a griz in this area as well.

·
Registered
758 Posts
You are truly blessed.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
WOW, wish I had an area like that to wander around in. I like the pic with the old cabin. Was that part of your family's homestead? Looks very old.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

WOW, wish I had an area like that to wander around in. I like the pic with the old cabin. Was that part of your family's homestead? Looks very old.
That is an old homesteaders cabin of ages by gone era late 1880's circa.. if only those walls could speak.

·
Registered
131 Posts
JB,
Pretty country you got there. If you ever think of doing any hunt trading, I can show you around Michigan or we can hit my Parents farm in Southern Indiana. If'n we don't see any Deer, I'm sure Dad would let you shoot one of his Cows. We've got an old Angus bull named Carbon. If you shoot him and skin him out, hang it up for a conversation piece. You know " Carbon de Ox Hide" :D
Brian

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I feel sorry for people whom only grew up in the city or suburbs, they have been ganked and they don't even know it.

JB,
By the way, you got me changing gears too fast 45-90, I couldn't figure out if that was the caliber of a special rifle you were carrying or your zoom lense, what is your photographic tool of choice? I usually carry a Canon DSLR along with my other cannons out into the field. Cool pix hope to see some more in the future. Life is too short for just one hobby. Gun sports is about number four for me along with photography, computers, and archery. Hunting is in there somewhere, once in a while I manage to fit some work in there, but at this stage of life if work don't resemble play in some form its time to change up.

Some people love spending a lot of money building cathedrals, me everyone once in a while I just step out into God's Catherdral and and enjoy the praise and worship.
peace

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Wow, nice pictures thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My jaw dropped to the floor ![:0]
Blessed ? I think he got annointed !:D
Peace, the 45-90,is another old rifle caliber.
The 45,designates the caliber.In this case,is .458".
The 90,is the grains of BP used.
If the bullet weight is used,would look something like: 45-90-500.
Mine,looks like: 45-60-405. Since I can't get 70gr of BP in the case.
But for historical designations,it's still called the 45-70Govt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts