Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is David and I just bought my first Ruger yesterday. This is my collection:

Ruger MkIII (.22LR)

Springfield XD40 (.40 S&W)

Marlin 925 (.22LR)

Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine (7.62x54r)

M1 Carbine (.30 Carbine)

I started off just collecting WWII rifles with the M1 and the Mosin, but I decided to add a few modern firearms to my lineup. The XD40 is my home defense weapon, the Marlin and Ruger are my target practice/plinking guns, the M1 and the Mosin are for my collection and see frequent range duty. I’m currently waiting on my FFL03 (Curio and Relic) license to get here before I really start collecting the WWII guns.

It can be an expensive hobby which is why I like my Ruger and Marlin so much. I can go to the range for a week on a single box of .22 rounds and it’ll only cost me $10 in ammo. It’s hard to beat the fun per dollar of a good .22 firearm.

Anyways, thanks for looking. I look forward to learning more about my Ruger. [8D]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us. Ya have a nice start there pal.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Howdy David, Welcome from Louisiana. Very nice collection and great pictures. I really like that M-1 Carbine. Passed up on several a few years back and now kick myself every time I see one. Wished I had them now!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome, also from another new member!!!....I can assure you that this will not be your last Ruger!, enjoy it gets no better than a MKII

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from west central Texas----nice collection there!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Howdy David, Welcome from Louisiana. Very nice collection and great pictures. I really like that M-1 Carbine. Passed up on several a few years back and now kick myself every time I see one. Wished I had them now!!!
I was forced to pass on an M1-Garand for $600 last month. I really wanted it but I just didn't have the funds at the time. It'll be a long time, if ever, that I'll see another deal like that one. :(

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Welcome to RugerForum.net from NE Arkansas... Pull up a chair and sit a spell... We're glad to see you here...

Nice collection...:)

·
Registered
576 Posts
David the Gnome...Greetings from SE South Dakota! I like your collection too. The .30 carbine is super nice! Yes, gun collecting can be a spendy hobby, but at least you keep your dollars in tact. Better than wasting or blowing money on things that do NOT keep their value. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here,jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
quote:I was forced to pass on an M1-Garand for $600 last month. I really wanted it but I just didn't have the funds at the time. It'll be a long time, if ever, that I'll see another deal like that one. :(
Well, my local shop has two, and they are at twice the price you passed up. They are match grade. And very very nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts