Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got this guy finished!
Bought the stock unfinished! Shaped/fitted ,sanded and applied 20 coats of my "proprietary blend" to it!Hand rubbed, buffed to a gloss which may be illegal in some states!

SD

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by Brandon

thats great looking Id like to know how you got it to levitate should change your name to chris angel lol
Thanks,Brandon! Actually with all that buffin' there was more than enough static electricity generated to lift it off the ground.:)

SD

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Looks and reads that you put a tremondous amount of work in her.---1.5# trigger i bet it is a shooter!

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Deputy! Ya know, it's almost as much fun building one of these as it is to shoot. I've come to appreciate the 1022 and all that Ruger put in to them. My appreciation for the old REAL walnut stocks has grown as well. I love to refinish those. Kind of like restoring the "past" in some ways!

David,
Not yet! Waiting for the finish to totally cure. Should be sometime in the next month.
I've got a few of these and they DO shoot.....Better than me!
With this stock and barrel configuration it actually is a very good off hand "workaround" gun too.

SD

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

I like that red/silver, and the light blue/black. I'm going to have to make a toy like that some day.
If I can provide any help just yell!:)

Yeah, gunman! It can become an obsession!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts