Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Lots of gloom & doom reading around here. My results are great.

I bought mine new about 3 weeks ago. I added a CT laser and bought 2 new Ruger magazines (not marked USA or Italy). I have about 500 rounds through it and have only had 2 FTE episodes. I believe both were caused by poor grip and the casings lifted up and got stuck in the slide opening, not allowing a new round to load. A simple pull on the slide released the casing and then the next round loaded. Other than that, it fires straight and reliably.

I have shot Winchester White Box 124gr NATO and American Eagle 124gr FMJ.

Cheers,

MrHix

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Congrats on your new Ruger, and glad to hear you are happy with it.

Just curious, when you bought the Ruger, did you consider the Shield or the Glock 43? If so, what led you to choose the Ruger?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Good to hear the favorable report. I snagged one on sale off PSA the other day ($239.99...why not?) and I'm now waiting patiently for it to arrive at my FFL. Hope to find similar results as yours (well, two less FTE would be better.)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Good to hear the favorable report. I snagged one on sale off PSA the other day ($239.99...why not?) and I'm now waiting patiently for it to arrive at my FFL. Hope to find similar results as yours (well, two less FTE would be better.)
How do you "wait patiently"? :p I have a American Ranch, in 5.56/.223 coming in on Monday or so, and I can't even sleep at night! Lol. ;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
I like my LC9s Pro, but I've had 2 or 3 feeding problems. I'm going to attribute them to my light reloads. I shoot it much better than my original LC9.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I picked up a LC9s about 7 months ago. It's my daily carry. Kept my LC9, & p/u a holster that has a thumb brake on it so I can keep the old LC9 for when I' working in the yard or in my vehicle when I drive (that's legal in FL whether you have a CCW or not).

The mags. are interchangeable so I now have 5 of the 7 rnd. mags. and 1 of the 9 rnd. mags. Don't use the 9 very much, too large for carry IMHO

Changed out the hammer spring, guide rod assembly & the over travel trigger bar from Galloway Precision. Went back and added the grip overlays too!!!

Action is superb!!!! Works freakin' great!!!!!!

Perfect size for me. LC9s is very comfortable to carry.

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
442 Posts
MrHix - Good news on your LC9! I finally picked up a used LC9s last week - after a little bit of touch-up blue on the barrel hood - it looks like new. I called Ruger and they gladly replaced the magazine - the lady said she would ask for a Mec-Gar on the service order. It arrived yesterday and it's a new Mec-Gar with the shiny finish. I was also able to find two Mec-Gar's on Fleabay.

Someone else posted some pictures of the XS Big Dot sights on his older LC9 - now I need to try to scare up $100 to get a set ... :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on your new Ruger, and glad to hear you are happy with it.

Just curious, when you bought the Ruger, did you consider the Shield or the Glock 43? If so, what led you to choose the Ruger?
I did look at the Glock. I liked the smoother design of the Ruger (front, rear, and trigger guard), and the 7+1 rounds. I never looked at the Shield.

Cheers,

MrHix

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I Love my LC9S, never one problem as of yet. It just works boringly reliable and I've had it for some time. In fact I got it as soon as they came out and traded my Glock 26 in on it. Never looked back.
I am now looking for an LC9 so I do not have to holster carry it if I want too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just came in from firing my lc9s. have only fired 10 rounds through it before today. Today was very disappointing, trying to load in 9 rounds into my new clip and when I tried to jack a round into the chamber the round hung and wouldn't feed. had to take a screwdriver and dig out the round before I could get the clip out. after playing around you can 't put over 7 rounds in the clip if you want it to feed. I've been carrying this pistol for about a year and I don't carry one in the chamber.it been my carry gun but no more till it decides it wants to eat any and all that is in the clip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just came in from firing my lc9s. have only fired 10 rounds through it before today. Today was very disappointing, trying to load in 9 rounds into my new clip and when I tried to jack a round into the chamber the round hung and wouldn't feed. had to take a screwdriver and dig out the round before I could get the clip out. after playing around you can 't put over 7 rounds in the clip if you want it to feed. I've been carrying this pistol for about a year and I don't carry one in the chamber.it been my carry gun but no more till it decides it wants to eat any and all that is in the clip.
OK, let me make sure I know what you are saying: You have a 9 round mag and can't load more than 7 or it will not load the first round? I only have the 7 round mags for mine.

Good luck,

MrHix

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I Love my LC9S, never one problem as of yet. It just works boringly reliable and I've had it for some time. In fact I got it as soon as they came out and traded my Glock 26 in on it. Never looked back.
I am now looking for an LC9 so I do not have to holster carry it if I want too.
I thought the LC9 and LC9S were the same size?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts