Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sturm, Ruger and Company

Dear Ruger

I have been hearing a lot of scuttlebutt on the internet that you guys are going to discontinue the Blackhawk! Is there any truth to this? I can not imagine a world without Blackhawks. I own several of them myself, and would like to have a truckload more. Please, if you are thinking of doing away with them, reconsider your decision. I think you are making a huge mistake if this is true.

Also, I noticed on your website there is no more S (Sturm) in the red eagle, only an R. This is like Smith without the Wesson, Harrington without the Richardson, and so on. This is just plain wrong. There would be no Ruger without Alex Sturm, plain and simple. He was the money behind Bill Ruger’s brain, and you guys are leaving his name off of the eagle, that he designed by the way. I bet Bill is rolling over in his grave. This may seem like a small thing to some of you executives, but to us rank and file Ruger collectors, it is a huge mistake.

Sincerely,

Tim Perkins

This will go out in the mail tomorrow, and I will let you guys know how Ruger answers it.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Woah, I didn't notice the removal of the S! Why don't you post their email address here and we can encourage members to write them to protest the removal of Mr Sturms initial from the logo.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

Woah, I didn't notice the removal of the S! Why don't you post their email address here and we can encourage members to write them to protest the removal of Mr Strums initial from the logo.
They do not have an email address. You got to write them snail mail.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Its too bad that they want to forget the one that was the financial starter of the Company. I hope enough people voice their opinion, that they have second thoughts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just received 2 Ruger 2007 catalogs and they have the'S'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts