Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody:

Went to range today and put 360 rounds through my new Ruger MkIII 22/45! Brought it home, took it apart, cleaned it and while putting it back together, I somehow broke the latch the locks in the mainspring assembly, part #60 if you look it up in the schematic! I ordered the part from Ruger today and will receive it later this week. My question is: There is a spring inside the mainspring housing assembly where this part rests, has anyone ever replaced this part and how did you remove the broken part and replace the new latch w/o having parts fly all over? I'd appreciate any help that the forum members can give me,

Thanks,

Norm

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Prior to ordering the part Norm, I would have contacted Ruger. They would have fixed it up on their dime.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would still call RUGER,

they will send you one then you have a back up.

Love having spare parts, to reduce or eliminate waiting on parts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contacted Rugers Customer Service and talked to Lisa, very helpful. She asked a technician and he stated that the part needed installed at the Prescott AZ plant using a special jig setup. Pistol goes to them tomorrow for repair. To the members who answered, thanks for your help.

Norm

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Contacted Rugers Customer Service and talked to Lisa, very helpful. She asked a technician and he stated that the part needed installed at the Prescott AZ plant using a special jig setup. Pistol goes to them tomorrow for repair. To the members who answered, thanks for your help.

Norm
Pleased you had a great outcome.
Ruger CS is second to none. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.