Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my Mini 14 with you guys. Its a Tactical model and I've added Tech-Sights and a Choate hand guard. I've put about 3000+/- rounds through it so far. The only problem I've had with it was after about 1200 rounds the extractor got gunked up and I had a few FTE. Nothing a thorough teardown and cleaning of the bolt couldn't fix. Now I make sure to clean under the extractor with a pick at every cleaning and I haven't had an issue since. Here she is:

-Joe

·
Banned
163 Posts
Not putting a picture up of mine, but it's got the Butler Creek folding stock that was prohibited when I bought it, and it's had maybe 300 rounds thru her. I fire for function check every 6 months or so, and then clean her good and put her back in the safe. Saving my ammo and keeping my powder dry.

Reb

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice Mini, looks pretty good.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have the same and enjoy shooting it. These were available with a walnut stock as a distributor exclusive for a while. I prefer the wood stock and if I hadn't already bought mine , I would have grabbed one.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice looking Mini Joe!

I have a Tactical with ATI stock I bought a few months ago. Here she is today out at the range. I took the red dot off and went back to just the iron sights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts