Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a 189 series. And during this quarantine I thought I'd go in the safe and check out my babies.

I've always had a 'book' on each firearm with when it was last fired, how any rounds went through and any other pertinent information I thought was necessary.

Well, Mini 30 was last fired in 2015! It was cleaned twice since then and there she sat!

Kinda gummy everywhere so, I spent the last 2 days cleaning and buffing. Then I went in and found I only had about 100 rounds of 7.62x39. Yikes! That will get fixed as soon as all of the crap with the virus calms down.

Can you tell I'm bored?

Stay well my friends and be careful.

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
Yep, you're bored. :D

I need some x39 as well...or reloading supplies!

Is yours blued or stainless? Any mods?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, you're bored. :D

I need some x39 as well...or reloading supplies!

Is yours blued or stainless? Any mods?
No mods and she's wood and stainless. I like the look and feel of both. I just got an email from my gun club that we're shut down for a couple of weeks. That just pulls the hair in my nose!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My mini thirty was last shot on 2/19 when I ran 40 rounds through it. Mine is a tactical model and I replaced the original flash hider with one from Rugged so I could run my suppressor on it. Mine is currently in the back of my truck where it serves as my truck gun. Love that rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
Mine is a blued Tactical. It has a modified Hogue stock (cheek riser) and an extended magazine release. Great little carbine... I like all the Minis. :)

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
Wish I could find a wood stock for my Mini 30.
Wood has a few options... eBay and other sights have the factory stock, Boyd's and similar sell laminate stocks. Walnut is available as well.

AND Samson just released the side folding stock that was famous in the 80s with the A-Team. I plan to eventually get one of these stocks though it's a bit pricier than other options... Wood and metal though!

·
Registered
292 Posts
is a 189 series. And during this quarantine I thought I'd go in the safe and check out my babies.

I've always had a 'book' on each firearm with when it was last fired, how any rounds went through and any other pertinent information I thought was necessary.

Well, Mini 30 was last fired in 2015! It was cleaned twice since then and there she sat!

Kinda gummy everywhere so, I spent the last 2 days cleaning and buffing. Then I went in and found I only had about 100 rounds of 7.62x39. Yikes! That will get fixed as soon as all of the crap with the virus calms down.

Can you tell I'm bored?

Stay well my friends and be careful.
I have a ton of 7.62x39- for my SKS. I was debating getting a Ruger American in 7.62x39 cause I like having semi's and bolts in the same caliber. I have a bolt action Savage in .223 so I can share ammo with my Mini. Would love and SVT40 if I could afford one, so I could have a semi in 7.62x54r lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts