Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve had the GSR for a few years and it’s still one of my favorites! Leupold 2.5x, a Rhodesian sling, and a birdcage delete is all it needed!

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
I keep telling my nephews that if I were starting my rifle collection from scratch, I would purchase a Gunsite Scout and mark it done.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I saw the heading and immediately thought "handy-small and light".
My GSR is the laminated stock lefty model, it is certainly versatile and deadly(and very accurate) but I don't think I'd call it handy. Weight is in the 9 lb. range.
My handy rifle is the 16 inch Rossi lever, weighs a tad under 5 pounds and is 34 inches long.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw the heading and immediately thought "handy-small and light".
My GSR is the laminated stock lefty model, it is certainly versatile and deadly(and very accurate) but I don't think I'd call it handy. Weight is in the 9 lb. range.
My handy rifle is the 16 inch Rossi lever, weighs a tad under 5 pounds and is 34 inches long.
I have a 16" lever gun too, but I consider it more of a pistol caliber carbine, where as the GSR is still a full blown rifle in my eyes, particularly given the fact that it is chambered in a major caliber and not a pistol round. Either way, I love them both, and both are quite handy.

Also, weird that your GSR is that heavy, mine is just over 7 pounds with a mag, optics, and sling. It doesnt "make weight" for a scout rifle, but its definitely not 9lbs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sweet! I agree with both posters the GSR and compact Rossi 92 are something we all should have. My GSR 450BM is steel hitting driver that the 240gr. XTP mag loads has plenty of muscle and flame coming out the brake. Fun fun!!

Sandog how you like that rear peep sight mounted safety notch?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet! I agree with both posters the GSR and compact Rossi 92 are something we all should have. My GSR 450BM is steel hitting driver that the 240gr. XTP mag loads has plenty of muscle and flame coming out the brake. Fun fun!!

Sandog how you like that rear peep sight mounted safety notch?
I've thought hard about grabbing a 450 GSR or even American, but then I realize I have a .45-70 which in generall will be more versitile in terms of loads.

The big thumper bolt gun sounds fun and is intriguing, but it just seems too redundant for me at this juncture.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts