Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a few days ago asking about differences between 3 and 4" 357s, and ordered this one sight unseen.

I really, really, like it. No rounds down the tube yet, but the trigger is as advertised. I had been told that S&W triggers are excellent, and this seems to be no exception. Really like the 3" balance with the added weight of an L frame!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very nice! If you ever want to change the grip contact me please, Ive been looking for that grip for a long time. I have the gray & black lamo. with 357 on it on my Talo 3".
Fred

·
Registered
171 Posts
L frame is a very nice stubbie. I have owned one since the late '70s, or early '80s. Lew Horton brought one out at that time. A tough, fun firearm, but do yourself a favor and shoot .38s for everyday. Muzzel blast with .357s won't make you any friends at the range.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to hear a range report. I really want a 3" SA/DA revolver and that is a beauty.

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
It's hard to beat a Smith.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
OOOOOOHHH Yeah! Beautiful revolver! I'm jealous. :)

·
Registered
5,529 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
That is one nice gun thanks for sharing pics. I have revolvers made by Smith & Wesson & by Ruger & love both very much! My S&W mod 66 in 4 inch & my Ruger Vaquero Bisley in stainless original Vaquero Bisley large frame in .357 is soo nice to shoot! You will enjoy your Smith & Wesson!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice looking revolver. Really like the grip, or "stocks" as the Smith guys like to say. I am a "Ruger guy" and love my Rugers. But there is a certain crispness and feel to a S&W trigger that is tough to beat. Hard to describe but you know it when you feel it.

Enjoy your new Smith!

Wave

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But there is a certain crispness and feel to a S&W trigger that is tough to beat. Hard to describe but you know it when you feel it.
Agreed 100%. The first S&W revolver I ever fired was a friends' 500 Mag with a 5" barrel. I loved it (still do). He had me dry fire it in single action before offering me the loads, and I'm glad he did.

The trigger in single action is hard to describe...it's so quick/smooth/crisp...I just love it.

This 3" 686 shot very nicely. Same recoil as a 4" I'd say. We shot at pop cans and other "reactive" targets we had and managed to make the most of them. Haven't gotten any rounds on paper with it yet, but I'll share how that goes after I get it to the indoor range.

Definately a keeper!

·
Registered
840 Posts
First S&W I ever bought was a J frame model 36 I bought in 1969. Still have it and a model 10 and a model 19. Great revolvers. Congrats on yours.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I came across this replica of the old Remington 1875 OUTLAW in 357 Magnum Saturday and could not pass it by...The box and papers are all in order and I look forward to shooting a bit this week.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Nice gun !! Now you have to get yourself a Ruger Wiley Clapp SP101 3" as a stable mate !!

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's one nice gun..CONGRATS and Enjoy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts