Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked this up today. It arrived at my LGS last Friday. But my fed check came back delayed. Oddly enough, I went back to the store on Monday to check on it and to revisit a Sig P365 that they had. Check still delayed. Bought the Sig, 3 minutes later fed check went right through. Go figure. Nevertheless here it is looking smart with Texas extended ironwood grips. Cylinder throats were tight but even. :) Did a ream job and cleaned her up. Now can't wait to shoot it. After all tomorrow's another day.馃榾

Registered
Congratulations! Nice gun! Those grips make it look like it has a super blackhawk grip frame. They look great. Proportional!

Premium Member
Support Veterans
Congratulations! Good find and this one is a stand out. The grips make it look extra special.
*Did you add the "Texas extended ironwood grips" or did that beauty come with them?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice. Did you ream by hand? What tool if so.
Yes. I hand reamed. I have 3 guns that needed to be done, so I bought a Manson reamer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations! Good find and this one is a stand out. The grips make it look extra special.
*Did you add the "Texas extended ironwood grips" or did that beauty come with them?
I bought the gun new. So it had the standard plastic ruger grips. Saw the grips on the Texas grips site and had to have them. :) Henry makes a nice set of grips.

Registered
Nice! looks like fun to me!
I have a CCP, so it was nice when I bought a Model P .45 recently, it was fill out paperwork, pay, and go. I came in after the guy next to me, and was out of there before him as he was still waiting on the background checks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! looks like fun to me!
I have a CCP, so it was nice when I bought a Model P .45 recently, it was fill out paperwork, pay, and go. I came in after the guy next to me, and was out of there before him as he was still waiting on the background checks.
I had an FFL and a small business some years back. Sure is different on the other side of the coin.

Registered
Very nice! My wife gave me a
4-5/8鈥 for last Christmas.

Let me warn you, one purchase leads to another. I enjoy my 45 Blackhawk so much I had to go out and buy a .45 Henry carbine.

Im retired and have a wonderful wife that enables me.whenever I mention a new toy she says 鈥 you worked hard and you deserve it. Go buy it.鈥

I now own a 357/9mm 6.5鈥 and Henry 357 BB brass carbine.

This all started with a Stainless Single Six convertible 30 years ago then a Superblackhawk shortly after.

all I can say is be prepared to spend more money and have lots of fun.

enjoy!

Registered
Just picked this up today. It arrived at my LGS last Friday. But my fed check came back delayed. Oddly enough, I went back to the store on Monday to check on it and to revisit a Sig P365 that they had. Check still delayed. Bought the Sig, 3 minutes later fed check went right through. Go figure. Nevertheless here it is looking smart with Texas extended ironwood grips. Cylinder throats were tight but even. :) Did a ream job and cleaned her up. Now can't wait to shoot it. After all tomorrow's another day.馃榾 View attachment 144568
23, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Texas grips. I have a pair of holly grips on my Flattop, and I鈥檓 about to put a set of mesquite on my .41 mag Blackhawk. I just can鈥檛 abide the plowhandle without them. Those ironwood grips look really nice !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts