Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015_09_05_A2000 IS_5994-w800-h600.jpg

2015_09_05_A2000 IS_5995-w800-h600.jpg

My brand new 9E is working perfectly. After receiving it I promptly removed the mag disconnect. Grab-A-Gun had a pair of mags for $42.09 delivered. They actually arrived before the gun did. I should have said there is a slight hitch when operating. If I slam in a new mag, the slide closes, chambering a round. Is this normal? This was noticed when pretty hot from firing, too hot to touch. I need to try this when cold. I find that I need to be extra careful loading, because the safety needs to be off when racking the slide, like my 1911 but without a grip safety.

Anyone here have any comments?

thanx

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Looking good! I think I like the look of the E sights more so than the SR sights. The slide looks great too. Enjoy your new pistol.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
View attachment 20267

View attachment 20268

My brand new 9E is working perfectly. After receiving it I promptly removed the mag disconnect. Grab-A-Gun had a pair of mags for $42.09 delivered. They actually arrived before the gun did. I should have said there is a slight hitch when operating. If I slam in a new mag, the slide closes, chambering a round. Is this normal? This was noticed when pretty hot from firing, too hot to touch. I need to try this when cold. I find that I need to be extra careful loading, because the safety needs to be off when racking the slide, like my 1911 but without a grip safety.

thanx
Slamming a magazine into a firearm often closes an open slide. I'm pretty sure the manual for this firearm mentions that.

It will happen even more if you use the slide lock as a slide release.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
... If I slam in a new mag, the slide closes, chambering a round. Is this normal? This was noticed when pretty hot from firing, too hot to touch. I need to try this when cold. I find that I need to be extra careful loading, because the safety needs to be off when racking the slide, like my 1911 but without a grip safety.

thanx
In the manual for the SR9/SR9c it states that it can happen. My 9c hasn't done it yet.

The manual safety locks the slide closed, just like with 1911.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts