Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
824 Posts
I see you got the micarta scales too...very nice.
With the BK2 you get a great knife for the $$$...
I've had my BK2 for a couple of years now, it lives in my Jeep bag...I rarely leave home without it...From time to time I take along an esee 5. Yet the becker goes along all the time! guess that says it right there...
I think both are awesome knives. I use the becker and ooh and ahh over the esse...lol

· Registered
824 Posts
The esee is up to it no doubt!
If I got rid of the becker I'd have to use the esee 5...and I'm not getting rid of the becker so...

My only gripe about the becker BK2 was the sheath set up. Great knife soso sheath...I modified my sheath so it now has double snaps and a stiff leather belt loop, it's pretty solid all the way around.

Have you looked at any of the other Beckers? I bought a BK 16 hoping it would be a scaled down version of the the BK2...it's not, they originally billed it as having a sabre grind similar to the BK2 and then they produced it with a full flat grind which was not what I was hoping for when I opened the box...

Anyway for me it's hit or miss with the Beckers and the BK2 is a hit for sure! It's a keeper!

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't looked very hard at the other Beckers. After getting my wife settled into my firearms habit, I don't wanna spook her by going knife crazy, too soon. I am, already, feelin' an itch for an Izula, though...

· Registered
37 Posts
Great call on the BK2, and springing for the micarta was definately a good decision. I've had mine for 3+ years now, and it is a beast.

You may not be looking at any other Beckers right now, but trust me they'll start multiplying...

· Registered
549 Posts
Congrats, sweet looking knife

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.