Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a .45 Blackhawk for a while, and picked this baby up at a show today. It's a convertible, so I can shoot .45ACP out of it (probably what I'll be doing mostly, though I did pick up a box of cowboy loads to see what those are like, they weren't too expensive).

Any tips on making this blued finish shine?? This is my first blued handgun.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
nice addition there eddie!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I don't think I'll have time this weekend, and next week is Thanksgiving, damn, I'm not sure when I'll get to try this out!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Very Nice !! Let us know how You like it. I love My .45 !

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have one its 7 1/2 inch barrel I like it. Sorta wish I had the short barrel. Just keep a thin coat of oil on it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Great gun and they're really fun to shoot!

·
Registered
576 Posts
EddieF...a lot of the premier collectors use wax to make the blueing shine. Ruger's blueing is not as shiny as a Colt Python or an older N frame S&W (except for some older Ruger models), but a lot of the collectors with $30,000 and $40,000 and up double barrel shotguns and drillings use anything from paste car wax to furniture polish like Liquid Gold on their guns rather than oil. They put it on the blueing AND on the wood. I have used Liquid Gold and it works great! Better check with your dealer or gunsmith to make sure whatever you want to use is okay.

I really think the convertible Blackhawks are the best of both worlds...lot cheaper buying them as convertibles instead of buying a .45Colt or a .357Mag and then having Ruger fit a .45ACP or a 9mm cylinder respectively to the gun. The shipping alone both ways will kill a guy. Ruger charges $30 to ship it back to you.

You dun good, EddieF!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mean little machine...now you need a John Wayne gunbelt with lotsa loops and a big hat and boots...I don't care how old you are!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts