Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice Chief! I really like my GSR - bet you will too! Good looking set up with the glass. The hogs and deer in NC better watch out.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I love mine. Get some Poly mags, they are much better. Cheaper, lighter, quieter, fit tighter, don't stick down as far, can be loaded ( topped off) while still in the gun, more durable, as the feed lips can't be bent like the steel ones, and MUCH easier to load. The steel mags are a pain. You have to almost put the mag down on a tabletop, and slide them in from front to back, while holding down the previous round in order to get the next one in. If you don't push the first round down far enough, or don't hold the base of it down, it wants to tip and pop out the back of the magazine, when you are putting another in.
The polymer mags are double stack instead of the steel mags single stack, so a 10 rounder doesn't stick down so far. The steel one looks "cooler" for photo ops, but that's about all they are good for.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love my GSR beautiful rifle and I love the concept. To the OP, what kind of scope do you have on that? I have mine in the scout setup but I'm thinking of getting a traditional scope to try it out that way as well.

Dittos on what the above poster said about the magazines. Get the poly mags and you will love them. In fact I sold my steel mag on ebay for more than what the poly's cost so I had some cash left over to use to buy a 5 rounder for hunting.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Sweet looking rifle, congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts