Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Waveform and I have been doing a little horse trading, and he just sent me some teaser pics of the beautiful custom GP that he just finished up for me. This thing is gorgeous!

Model 1751, Re-chambered for .357 mag, 3" slab-sided/contoured barrel, glass bead blasted finish with high polish accents, rear adjustable sight with Hi-Viz front, lighter springs, slicked up internals, Altamont grips..........Man I'm dooling! It's gonna be a long week waiting for this little jewel to show up at my FFL...:D Can't wait to shoot it!

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
444 Posts
Trigg - Congrats - it looks great!! And, best of all - NO TURN RING!! I knew Ruger made a 3-inch .38 GP-100 - I didn't know they also made a 4-inch. I have no idea why they produced this version - maybe for an export market?? Waveform did a beautiful job ... Hmmm - I have a 3-inch .38 GP-100 ... ;) Having one of these would fully restore that big empty place in my heart caused by not being able to afford a 3-inch M686 Plus.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What a beauty!

I had saved up over 500.00 to have my GP handled by a master like this but then another purchase came up and gutted that budget.

I would love to give one of my revolvers this type of treatment some day.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Wait a minute! That looks like mine! Waveform said mine was one-of-a-kind! What is he? The TALO group? :p

Nice GP, Trigg! It looks great with the Hi-Viz and Altamonts. I like the accents, too! :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait a minute! That looks like mine! Waveform said mine was one-of-a-kind! What is he? The TALO group? :p

Nice GP, Trigg! It looks great with the Hi-Viz and Altamonts. I like the accents, too! :)
Great minds think alike Bud! :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trigg - Congrats - it looks great!! And, best of all - NO TURN RING!! I knew Ruger made a 3-inch .38 GP-100 - I didn't know they also made a 4-inch. I have no idea why they produced this version - maybe for an export market?? Waveform did a beautiful job ... Hmmm - I have a 3-inch .38 GP-100 ... ;) Having one of these would fully restore that big empty place in my heart caused by not being able to afford a 3-inch M686 Plus.
I knew you'd be lookin for a turn ring GJ:D

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a beauty!

I had saved up over 500.00 to have my GP handled by a master like this but then another purchase came up and gutted that budget.

I would love to give one of my revolvers this type of treatment some day.
Thank you IHS. A 3" GP in .357 with adj sights is something that I've dreamed of owning for a long time. Really excited about this one.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts

I like this picture - it seems to capture the contrast between the bead blasted finish and the polished accent pieces. I'm looking forward to a range report and some of your great photos posed on the woodpile.

I'm pretty excited to get MY hands on MY end of the deal in this horse tradin' adventure! I won't have to wait as long as you - pictures in a few days!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Oh please NH - yours looks nothing like this. Different finish, different grips, different front sight. Your "individuality" is intact - I'm pretty sure you have the only Muddy Girl Pink GP100 in existence...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
- I'm pretty sure you have the only Muddy Girl Pink GP100 in existence...
Wait, I think I would have remembered seeing pics of that. Must have to keep in "in the closet" eh? ;):p

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Oh please NH - yours looks nothing like this. Different finish, different grips, different front sight. Your "individuality" is intact - I'm pretty sure you have the only Muddy Girl Pink GP100 in existence...
Alas, I protest too much. The Muddy Girl card has been played again...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Awesome,

Waveform, what kind of a machine shop guy would I look for to get slab barrel done? Now that I'm reamed, that's next

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice! Really like this finish... very tastefully done, with just the right amount of polished accents.
I have the same new grip and front sight, and love them as well. :)

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Awesome,

Waveform, what kind of a machine shop guy would I look for to get slab barrel done? Now that I'm reamed, that's next
Not to hijack the thread (again) but I would pay a visit to the shops in your area, show them some pictures and try to get a feel for whether they might be a good fit. A large production shop is not likely to be interested in a little project and this is a small job - less than an hour. A Tool & Die shop might be a better option since they are used to extremely tight tolerances and small projects. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats, that is a beautiful revolver. And I bet it shoots as good as it looks.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That looks great mate.
And well done Wave.

Reactions: Trigg
1 - 20 of 35 Posts