Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is my new SR9. I got it a couple weeks ago and just now got to shoot it.
I ran 200 rds of Fed ball through it and 50 rounds of Geco Action Safety.

It was more accurate than I am.
It was boringly reliable, and had surprisingly little recoil and muzzle climb for a lightweight/Tupperware pistol.
The recoil was no more than my steel framed TZ75 and aluminum framed PT99.
It has less recoil than the Star BM I sold a friend.

If this pistol was a woman, I'd marry her. I love this gun.

No failures or issues of any kind. All I've done is take it out of the box, wipe it down with Break Free CLP, and lube it with Break Free LP.

She's no longer a virgin, and I couldn't be happier.

I think I'm going to have to sell a couple of my other pistols and buy one for my wife. I'll get a pink Hogue Handall grip sleeve for hers, to differentiate them.

Now, to get some more mags and a mag holder for it.
I don't have enough thumbs to give it as many "thumbs up" as it deserves.
I like this SR a LOT better than the G19 I'd been looking at.
It's a keeper.
Happy-happy.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought my KSR9 in 2010 and I loved it so much. It is my night stand gun along with the Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 ACP. For concealed carry, I have the KSR9c and the Taurus PT145.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The SR9 compaired to the Glock 17 is a bit easier to handle, shoot and carry. I'm very pleased with the one I purchased.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well Jaymo, my experience is the same as yours...did the same thing when I brought it home before taking it out for the intitial firing. Not too much grease from the factory - easy to clean up what powder residue was in the grease from factory test firing.

I expected more recoil from a compact gun. I was very pleased. Easy to shoot and manage. Fits my relatively smaller hand better and I love the trigger. Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts