Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to have a Glock 19 and traded it in, then kinda missed it. So I decided to mend this mistake. I was cautious of the Gen4 Glocks but made sure the one I bought had the new ejector and recoil spring. Also I LOVE the FDE (Flat Dark Earth) color. I added an aluminum slide plate cover to replace the factory stock plastic one. It says "Don't Tread On Me". What better emblem for a CCW than the Gadsden Flag, right? Shot about 100 rounds through it and love this gun. I love my Rugers, hands down my favorite company, but this Glock 19 serves nicely alongside my SR1911 and SR556.

And just for kicks, this is the whole gang :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Very nice
I have an old Gen 2 that has never given me any problems.
Could you advise how to tell if a Gen 4 has the latest recoil spring and ejector?
Been thinking about a new one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! I can post pictures when I get home of where exactly I'm talking about if you need. But the new number on the ejector is 30274 and the faulty one is 336. The new recoil spring is 043 and the faulty one is 04.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sweet! I almost bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. It came down to a FDE G19 or a G26. I chose the G26 for my CCW. But, it was a tough decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sweet! I almost bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. It came down to a FDE G19 or a G26. I chose the G26 for my CCW. But, it was a tough decision.
HOw do you like it? Do you have the clip with the extra finger grip for the small finger?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh, I'm lovin' it, so far. Yep, I bought a Pearce Plus extension at the same time as the pistol. It adds two rounds for 12+1. I, also, just receive in the mail, yesterday, a Pearce extension that doesn't add any rounds. It is lower profile than the Plus, for better concealment, but still gives the pinky a place to be. And, for now, I'll leave my third mag with the stock flat base on it and see if I can learn to shoot with it like that.

I really wanted a G19, for the full grip and longer barrel. But, I needed something smaller and lighter than my Colt Defender. And, a loaded Glock 19 is about the same size and weight.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Very nice looking G-19! I'm starting to like the FDE frames! I'm thinking about getting one in a subcompact version...that or buy a used one and pick a color! Looks like all 3 of your boys get along just fine!

The wife and I have Gen II Glocks...her's is a 19 and mine is a 23 (we found them NIB in 2010 and got the set)...and I've swapped mine out to shoot 9mm so we can carry the same caliber! We both love the feel of the Gen II frame/grip!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Congratulations! That's the first Glock I've seen that I actually like the looks of.
I know they are supposed to be very reliable, utilitarian, but I had never seen one that looked good.

·
Freedom, Thank a VET!!!
1,625 Posts
Yeah I like the color I do! I am going to get another Glock for myself come next week or after. I have a .45acp, 3 of the 10mm. and 1 of those 6 inch barrel 9mm. I thought I might try some competition again but just don't have the time, with all my other chores on the list:):D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Saw those FDE Glocks at Cabelas yesterday. Right at $600 plus tax. They had some non FDE's on sale for $519. I really like the FDE color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts