Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
with Butter & Jelly
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just picked up Maximilian Archibald today from the Anderson Creek Hunting Preserve in Lillington NC. This fellow is smart as a whip and wide open. Hes our first German Shorthaired Pointer and I look forward to taking many a bird with my new buddy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congratulations!

There's nothing quite like bringing home a new pup, and just in time for Christmas. He is one handsome boy. Those German Shorthairs are fine looking dogs, and talk about smart. I've known a couple that were almost too smart... :D Happy hunting to you and your new buddy!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Great looking dog, but I want to know more about the shot. How did you set this up? Did he sit and let you pile leaves around him? Or did you just get lucky when he popped his head out of a leaf pile? Or are you a master with photoshop? At any rate that is a great picture. I'll bet that some of the hunting and dog magazines would publish it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice looking little guy , I picked up Muffin, my wife named her , on Oct 30 at 61/2 weeks old 11. 1 lbs.She is smart as can be and is growing like a weed,she is not fat but her weight is close to 25 lbs already. Her mother was huge and a gentle giant. I don't know how to post a picture or I would, good hunting and heaven help the birds on your end and mine. :D:D

·
with Butter & Jelly
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Its just an Instagram Photo. I took about 15 to get that one. He moves to fast to get a good shot. Right now hes sleeping alot and when he aint hes tearing everything up. Already big enough to knock the trash over. Wife took him to the park yesterday and he POINTED twice at a Bird. Im exicited. I think I got a good un. Is yours hitting the stance yet GrizBear13?

Check out the link to see more pics. CLICK HERE

·
Freedom, Thank a VET!!!
1,625 Posts
White Bread, I know the feeling and it's been with me for 15 years give or take. I just came back to the house from feeding my German Shorthairs and looking after a couple of pups. I raise some of the finest in the land and right now have 22 of them to look after. They are the most versatile hunting dog bare-none, very hard to beat for all around use.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm a sucker for pups, especially Pointers and Border Collies. Mine is a mix, and poor guy doesn't know if he should herd or point!(he does both, depends on the day haha)

·
with Butter & Jelly
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
White Bread, I know the feeling and it's been with me for 15 years give or take. I just came back to the house from feeding my German Shorthairs and looking after a couple of pups. I raise some of the finest in the land and right now have 22 of them to look after. They are the most versatile hunting dog bare-none, very hard to beat for all around use.
Any suggestions on training Tracer? The guy I got him from keeps and trains him for $650 or he trains me for $30 an hour.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Awesome. I love my GSP's!! When I got mine 5.5 years ago I had picked one from the litter, but had to wait a week to get him because I was moving into a new place. Then when I went to pick him up I also got one of his brothers. Whiskey and (you guessed it) Ruger are amazing bird dogs, and awesome family dogs.

Congrats on your first one! I couldn't imagine ever having a different breed of dog for pheasant hunting after walking behind these guys the last 5 years.

·
with Butter & Jelly
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6 Months Later

6 months later, we just sprinkle a lil Miracle Grow in his water

1 - 10 of 10 Posts