Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a male mountain feist pup in May and a female mountain feist Jack Russell mix about three weeks ago.I have been able to catch a squirrel a couple of times and let them run it around the yard in a roll cage for a couple of hours.I looking forward to spending a lot of time in the woods squirrel huntingw

Attachments

·
Banned
650 Posts
If you need squirrel traps I can show you how to build a simple trap out of scrap lumber you should be able to find on any construction site. A couple traps and a bag of of pecans should provide you with plenty of squirrels for dog training. I miss the days when I spent a lot of time in the woods with a fiest. Right now if we have any squirrels they are laying low.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice pair!

The season is upon us! I have a Kemmer Cur and a Great Dane that I road down my local 2 tracks in front of the truck, they tree and bark treed. I also run the with a friends Mountain Fiests , they appear to really enjoy themselves when huntingsquirrels and it can be a trick to get the shot squirrel away from a dog when you hunt with a group of dogs ( competitive drive)
Have fun training them, show them chipmonks and squirrels and they will train themselves.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Congrats to ya! Enjoy your new pups.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
We have a Jack Russell mix as well and she has been one of the best dogs I've ever owned. They never tire out and just keep on going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts