Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. First Ruger firearm ( I think). I might have owned a 10/22 once. Anyway just got my 5 inch and I’m impressed to say the least. It’s perfect in every way that I can see. .004 b/c, barrel timing is good. Trigger is what you’d expect.. SA feels like my new king cobra. Stocks are pretty.. I don’t know what Else to say but it’s like Christmas in June!! Lol I bought this because of their customer service and made in America. No locks.. all business. Thx. Gus
CE8EB35D-EC4F-4676-9130-CAAD0CA209A6.jpeg
AC5CA95D-6C59-4CBB-8389-2B4E0072DF08.jpeg
E90C903D-7DE1-4DBA-9024-40F5EDED5500.jpeg
3BBDAF37-7234-47CE-ADD1-39B484165254.jpeg
0818680E-0C17-4597-8E7E-2092B3698E34.jpeg
EF9A8CAD-42D8-4D9F-BD49-003446E4BADA.jpeg

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,550 Posts
Great trio of double action revolvers! That GP is a fantastic configuration. Congratulations. Be sure to post a range report.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I can’t stop smiling. :) my trigger finger is TIRED after an evening of dry fire with snap caps. The DA is long and strong but already getting better. My front sight is not dancing around ( in my sight picture) as bad as it was earlier. The trigger reach is longer than I’m used to. The first distal joint will be where I want it , I just have to think to put it there. I just need to get acclimated

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A S&W model 10-6 or 8 is going into the bunch next. That way I’ll have 2,3,4,5 inch guns. smaller ones for carry, model 10 for the house and the bad boy Ruger for range/woods

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the same configuration in .357 and .327. They are both excellent. The only problem that I had was the grips were a little loose and would move just a little. A little well placed epoxy and some sanding, and they are great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also have the .327FM in that version. Very nice-looking revolvers. While on lockdown I sent it back for the loose grips. It's actually going to come back tomorrow from Ruger for a second problem. Then maybe I'll get to shoot it! I also have the 6" stainless GP100 in .327FM. They look good together!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
That 5" is a thing of beauty!
The half lug GPs are my favorite Ruger designs. This is my wife's 6". It handles like a 4" full lug and is a joy to shoot. Now I want to track down a 5" for myself now...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
The only thing about the Lipsey version is the front sight is dove-tailed in. My regular 6" GP has an easily removable front sight; but the gold dot on the Lipsey is very easily seen. I may try one of those green fiber things on the 6"; they're pretty cheap. For now, I painted the front sight white then I added about 1/8" red on the top portion. I used my fingernail polish (that I bought for my guns) and it comes off in seconds with acetone...ok, nail polish remover. I carry the EC9s and I painted the sights white, front & rear, as they were terrible all black. Good shooting, Shoebox1.1!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bead is a little small. My king cobras is a bit bigger but the sight picture is awesome on the gp100. We’re gonna find out Sunday what this thing shoots like. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone point me to a good screwdriver to adjust the rear sight? That thing is tiny! I don’t want to use a Chinese eyeglass tool on it if I don’t have to. But I don’t want to spend a fortune either. I have a nice Chapman set but I don’t have that bit. Thx

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get a cheap set of jeweler's screwdrivers, seriously. Try Harbor Freight if there's one near you. Or maybe Big lots, or any hardware store. I used my S&W K22 Sight Adjustment Tool (SAT) for the verticle, and a cheap one from above said stores. One set will cost about $8.00, and both screwdrivers are in it. Somebody here on the forum paid Ruger about $22 for the same thing! Every dollar you spend is +/- 2 cartridges of factory ammo!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts