Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 327 Federal version, I bought it at a local gun store, the trigger was best I have ever had on a DA Ruger and I have a bunch of them !!
I liked the look of the grips but really did not care for shooting with them. However, I also have I believe the first tissue of GP-100 10MM from a couple of years ago, same thing, loved the Hogue wooden stippled grips, but were not right for 10MM, so I switched those grips onto my Lipsey's 327, now I am VERY happy, and after putting plain old rubber Hogues on, I like shooting the 10MM more too, I don't mind what I call Goodyear grips on a stainless gun so much, but I can't stand the look on a blue gun and I will take blue over stainless whenever I can get it. Now they have a 10MM Lipsey version, may have to pick one up, I would also buy the 357 and 44 Special but I have so many S& W's in those two calibers I just don't need them as much.m Other Ruger's would come first for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Range report! Man o man.. this thing is better than I expected! I’m very impressed. It’s one thing to make the purchase and play with it at home but at the range the rubber meets the road! I was there really only to verify my new king cobra is repaired from its second warranty repair (it is). I was limited on time and ammo for the Ruger but one box of Winchester 110 sjhp white box was all they had. Anyway 15 yard range and made a few rear sight adjustments and poa is close to poi. I did most of it SA just to get a grouping for the adjustments. DA is combat acceptable and we know the trigger is getting better with every pull. I am a ruger fan-boy from this day forth!!!
E8B60C30-45C2-41BF-874F-7426E0548EC6.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the mini screwdriver, my older version of this one works well for when the bits fit. I am also down the "gunsmith screwdriver" rabbit hole.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Is there any way to bed the inside of the grip panels? There is a slight movement in the grips. Not enough to concern Ruger with. They fit very tight to each other. I think there is some gaps between the frame and panels. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the loose grip panels on mine. Before I sent it back (for the loose panels and a few mars on the bluing) I put a thin, small piece of cardboard between the steel handle and the wood and that stopped the looseness, but since the ranges were closed I sent it back. They refitted new wood on it. I really like the wood on blue, but I'd like to do something to bring out the grain of it better. I don't have any newer pics, but this should do. I used it before. I'm no woodworker, so if anyone knows, please help a brother out! Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Regarding bringing the wood grain out, I have removed the finish on old grips by soaking in acetone and refinishing with either Tru-oil or several coats of boiled linseed oil. Bear in mind, this is a refinish and you may not want to do this on your new grips.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I just ordered a Kramer belt scabbard for the gp100. My second Kramer. Only issue is the mold they have is for the full lug 5 inch but am assured it won’t be an issue. These things fit so tight it won’t move a bit. I’m not going to carry it much anyway. Here’s a pic of a similar s&w model they made

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I was on a site search the p/n and it compares the dealers prices. I went to the lowest price (out of stock) and signed up for “ notify when back in stock” it took 6-7 weeks but I pounced. I got the last one they had. That was email Monday bought friday then back to sold out

·
Registered
335 Posts
Regarding the loose grips, I built mine up with a little epoxy, then sanded on it until I got a nice tight fit. I shot mine today and forgot how good it shoots. 18 shots offhand at 15yds all within a 3” circle, and I am out of practice.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts