Ruger Forum banner

My new lipseys GP100 5 inch half lug .357

10K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Shoebox1.1 
#1 ·
New guy here. First Ruger firearm ( I think). I might have owned a 10/22 once. Anyway just got my 5 inch and I’m impressed to say the least. It’s perfect in every way that I can see. .004 b/c, barrel timing is good. Trigger is what you’d expect.. SA feels like my new king cobra. Stocks are pretty.. I don’t know what Else to say but it’s like Christmas in June!! Lol I bought this because of their customer service and made in America. No locks.. all business. Thx. Gus
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Tile Floor Flooring Room Plumbing fixture
Revolver

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you. I can’t stop smiling. :) my trigger finger is TIRED after an evening of dry fire with snap caps. The DA is long and strong but already getting better. My front sight is not dancing around ( in my sight picture) as bad as it was earlier. The trigger reach is longer than I’m used to. The first distal joint will be where I want it , I just have to think to put it there. I just need to get acclimated

#10 ·
I have the same configuration in .357 and .327. They are both excellent. The only problem that I had was the grips were a little loose and would move just a little. A little well placed epoxy and some sanding, and they are great.

#11 ·
I also have the .327FM in that version. Very nice-looking revolvers. While on lockdown I sent it back for the loose grips. It's actually going to come back tomorrow from Ruger for a second problem. Then maybe I'll get to shoot it! I also have the 6" stainless GP100 in .327FM. They look good together!

Attachments

#14 ·
The only thing about the Lipsey version is the front sight is dove-tailed in. My regular 6" GP has an easily removable front sight; but the gold dot on the Lipsey is very easily seen. I may try one of those green fiber things on the 6"; they're pretty cheap. For now, I painted the front sight white then I added about 1/8" red on the top portion. I used my fingernail polish (that I bought for my guns) and it comes off in seconds with acetone...ok, nail polish remover. I carry the EC9s and I painted the sights white, front & rear, as they were terrible all black. Good shooting, Shoebox1.1!

#18 ·
Anyone point me to a good screwdriver to adjust the rear sight? That thing is tiny! I don’t want to use a Chinese eyeglass tool on it if I don’t have to. But I don’t want to spend a fortune either. I have a nice Chapman set but I don’t have that bit. Thx

#19 ·
Get a cheap set of jeweler's screwdrivers, seriously. Try Harbor Freight if there's one near you. Or maybe Big lots, or any hardware store. I used my S&W K22 Sight Adjustment Tool (SAT) for the verticle, and a cheap one from above said stores. One set will cost about $8.00, and both screwdrivers are in it. Somebody here on the forum paid Ruger about $22 for the same thing! Every dollar you spend is +/- 2 cartridges of factory ammo!

#23 ·
I have the 327 Federal version, I bought it at a local gun store, the trigger was best I have ever had on a DA Ruger and I have a bunch of them !!
I liked the look of the grips but really did not care for shooting with them. However, I also have I believe the first tissue of GP-100 10MM from a couple of years ago, same thing, loved the Hogue wooden stippled grips, but were not right for 10MM, so I switched those grips onto my Lipsey's 327, now I am VERY happy, and after putting plain old rubber Hogues on, I like shooting the 10MM more too, I don't mind what I call Goodyear grips on a stainless gun so much, but I can't stand the look on a blue gun and I will take blue over stainless whenever I can get it. Now they have a 10MM Lipsey version, may have to pick one up, I would also buy the 357 and 44 Special but I have so many S& W's in those two calibers I just don't need them as much.m Other Ruger's would come first for me.

#25 ·
Range report! Man o man.. this thing is better than I expected! I’m very impressed. It’s one thing to make the purchase and play with it at home but at the range the rubber meets the road! I was there really only to verify my new king cobra is repaired from its second warranty repair (it is). I was limited on time and ammo for the Ruger but one box of Winchester 110 sjhp white box was all they had. Anyway 15 yard range and made a few rear sight adjustments and poa is close to poi. I did most of it SA just to get a grouping for the adjustments. DA is combat acceptable and we know the trigger is getting better with every pull. I am a ruger fan-boy from this day forth!!!
Games

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.