Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
holla! :)

this my new mini 14 stainless tactical.

wanted to keep this one simple and fun! i added a ventilated steel hand guard. put a burris fastfire 3 on the provided factory rail. sling came with the gun...thanks ruger!

a friend & i refinished an older curved butt factory stock, replaced the plastic one. wood stock finish looked pretty bad before, looks pretty sweet now imo. sadly, this friend recently passed away in a sudden accident. makes this stock and mini quite special to me now.

took her out twice to sight in and maybe pop some cans....shoots great just like my other mini 14!

thanks for looking! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's beautiful and gun sexy. I have a Mini-14 I bought back in 1979 or 1980, skinny barrel and all. It has lots of good memories for me (wish I had bought a select fire AC556 instead though LOL). You have a lot to be proud of, and I'm really happy for you. Don.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Now that's a fine damn rifle. That is the same kind of sling I have, and it plus the rifle is perfect for an African carry.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Nice job, I love the SS Matte finish & wood... Looks great!!

Nice job on the stock by the way!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job, I love the SS Matte finish & wood... Looks great!!

Nice job on the stock by the way!
agree! wood and stainless definitely appeals to my aesthetic senses!

thanks! it was my first wood re finish....under guidance of an expert. have since re finished a picnic table and our kitchen table.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Smart looking Mini! I like the tactical in a wood stock! :)
right on! i have seen quite a few tacticals in wood, but no stainless tacs in wood...well, i had to correct that! :D

i love to embrace the uniqueness of the mini 14....and the wood stock sets it off imo.

thanks for the positive comments!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like it ! It looks crisp , super clean lines in that older stock. I have the same stock for my new 583 Tactical. I will have to post some pics. Great job hawk.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Nice hawk. I have my FF III mounted the same way. The FF III is perfect for the Mini, like you said recently on the PU thread.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like it ! It looks crisp , super clean lines in that older stock. I have the same stock for my new 583 Tactical. I will have to post some pics. Great job hawk.
appreciate that! i want to see some pics of your tactical in wood also! i came across a couple of pics of mini tacs in wood that inspired me to start on this one.

the wood stock REALLY sets off the new tacticals imo.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts