Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
That might classify as a PPP. Perfect packing pistol! Congratulations!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's the exact rig I'm looking for. I took a 3.75 Talo Vaquero Birdshead in trade in the meantime, but I'm still looking.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
That is one sweet SBH!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I retire on January 30, 2021, (212 days, but who is counting...), we are re-locating from Eastern Washington to Alaska. Specifically, near, but not in Fairbanks. This is to be my trail gun. This, common sense, pepper spray, and my personal predilection for not being eaten. Currently I keep it loaded with 200 grain Speer Gold Dot .44 Special. Plenty for the two legged concerns around here.

GS

·
Count Ursunk
3,264 Posts
Nice piece of dynamite you got there. Did Ruger customize the length, or is the 3 3/4 offered from standard production?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice looking SB. I like the unfluted cylinder. A great trail companion for sure.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This particular model is a Lipsey special. They (Lipsey) offer an identical version, albeit with the Bisley grip. Because the local gun shops shelves are near to stripped bare, I took what they had, and am happy with it.

GS

·
Registered
447 Posts
Compact little bear blaster ! The only safe place would be behind it ! 😀

·
Count Ursunk
3,264 Posts
A friend of mine was pulling his 44 mag from the holster and it fired before it cleared. Didn't explain what happened in much detail, because of the embarrassment I guess. I saw a pic of the wound he took before it was stitched up. It dug a trench down the side of his right leg that was gruesome. He's about 275 lbs with an extra dose of padding in his legs. He was lucky it missed bone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear Lord, he was a lucky boy. No more speed draws I suppose.

GS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts