Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just picked up my first Ruger Security Six - a '73 150-series - and I love it! 4" bbl, all original blue, and bone-stock as all get out. Please let me know if the photo links I am attempting to do actually work - I get bogged down in the techno stuff sometimes!

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - I can't ever remember all the special handshakes and copy/paste tricks that are required when you try and upload photos - my wife and I got iPhones last year (our very first SmartPhones) and while they are great, sometimes there's too much going on - but it sounds like 'yall can see my photos, so I guess I'm doing something right! LOL

Of course, the next couple thread posts I will be making are going to be related to:
1. vintage/appropriate holsters (this is the adjustable sight SS)
2. target grips, Tyler T-Grips, or any other aftermarket grip for a 150-series
3. speedloaders that folks like best - and their pouches!! LOL I am an automatic-pistol guy, haven't been shooting revolvers since I was a kid with an Iver Johnson .22!!

thanks Team Ruger!
Adam Lee

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Nice SS. I'm old school, still using the same Safariland speed loaders I bought in the early 80's.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I prefer the HKS #10 loaders using the twist release instead of the pull to drop. My 4 " security won't be going anywhere soon. Like it as much as my Smiths at 1/3 the cost.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Congrats, nice six!!

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
444 Posts
Nice looking Security-Six! I'm just down the road from you - not to be too nosy - but did you find it in a shop in the area, and have you seen any others around?

Hope you enjoy it!! :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Looks great..... ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice looking Security-Six! I'm just down the road from you - not to be too nosy - but did you find it in a shop in the area, and have you seen any others around?

Hope you enjoy it!! :)
Thanks - and FWIW, this gun was from an online sale - wasn't local to me. Good luck in your quest for a Ruger SS - they are out there!

Adam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts