Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yeah, the Ruger is a convertible so it also shoots 9mm.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Bump the caliber up to 45LC and add one more pistol and that's exactly what I used when I shot in Cowboy Action or SASS. I have fielded more than my share of posts from the SASS boy's on how much a Rossi lever (1892 copy) sucked. They would have rather shot a $1500.00 dollar 1873 with about $1200.00 dollars worth of gunsmith modifications. Not me. I took a stainless Rossi out of the box and stripped it down, put in stainless components in the mag tube, plugged the bolt safety, and smoothed out any interior burrs I came across. It took those black powder 45LC's like nobody's business. Great guns and there's a lot to be said about loading and carrying just one round for (In my case) three guns. Good stuff. Smithy.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did some research on the Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible, and heard too many stories of the 9mm not being accurate, and since I’m not all that good with handguns, I’ll probably just go for the .357 in a 6 ½ -inch barrel. I have those same grips on my Single Six (see my avatar), but I’m going to do something exotic for the Blackhawk when I get it. :)

Been looking for a Marlin 1894 C in .357 for a couple of years to go with my S&W Model 19. When I find one, I’ll definitely get it. They are more rare than gold bars right now.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Congrat's...very nice-looking set! Hope you enjoy for many years!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Nice combination.
Congratulations, enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.