Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It arrived yesterday and we assembled it and I love it. Rifle itself is 100% American made Come to find out, the Leupold Scope is 100% American made as well. BONUS POINTS!

100% American made.

Very well constructed

Burris tactical 1" rings. VERY solid mounts.

Bipod is a Champion Bipod. Gun can tip side to side, as well as pivot on the bipod. Springs down. Spring retracting feet. There is a tension handle that locks the bipod movement in place or loosen it to be able to pivot and twist on the mount.

Went on a bullet spending spree tonight to get a few different weights and brands to see which the gun likes best. Huge fan of it overall and cant wait to shoot it.

picked up 3 different types of bullets, all 95-100gr so we will see how it goes.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Congrats, nice looking rifle. My son in law bought one recently in .243 and really likes it. It shoots great.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice rifle.
Congratulations, enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im supposed to be getting one as a Christmas gift but the guy is having trouble getting one because they are so popular. Hope it gets here in time!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Congrats, the .243 is a nice comfortable shooting rifle; love mine, in .308...
If you reload, it will even be more accurate...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back from sighting it in. Started out looking down the barrel at 25 yards and looking through the scope and lining them up. First shot was 1" up and 1" left. Few clicks, was spot on at 25 yards. Moved back to 50. Shot 3 rounds was .5" low and right. Few more clicks. Spot on again. Moved back to 100 yards. first shot was 1" high. Fired 2 more and they were both dead on. From 100 yards I also was hitting the primers out of shotgun shells.

100% IMPRESSED with this rifle. The bipod, scope, and rifle itself performed amazing. Dead on shotgun shell primers from 100 yards. Its light, accurate. The barrel never one heated up or had a single issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats. Nice set-up. Haven't fired mine yet. Seems well built. Trigger is butter with no creep. Can't wait to scope up and shoot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

Shot it in WI for new years and it was spot on. 1" groups at 200 yards round after round after round. Even put some bullets through the same holes I was making... At first I thought I missed but I didnt.

Went to clean the gun.... it was pretty close to spotless. It was cold out so the barrel never got hot even to the touch.

I recommend this thing to ANYONE.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Great set-up. I want to get one in .30-06. Can't wait.

·
Banned
1,940 Posts
Nice rifle. I want one in 7mm-08 because it's low recoil like the .243 except it's more powerful and more accurate at farther distances. The .243 is good out to 1100 meters and the 7mm-08 is good out to 1500 meters. At 1000 meters the 7mm-08 has almost twice the kinetic energy as the .243 and still a lot more energy at 1000 meters than .308 or 30-06

1000 meters energy in ft/lbs
.243 = 388 ft/lbs
.308 = 430 ft/lbs
30-06 = 502 ft/lbs
7mm-08 = 648 ft/lbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bOIB2Zk-E

SNIPER 101 - Part 3 Cartridge Selection -- Rex Reviews - YouTube

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still love my rifle. Need to re-sight it in though due to my fault. But im shooting Hornady Superformance 95gr SST. I don't have the resources to reload so I wont be doing hand loads at all probably.

To first sight it in, I used some cheaper winchester bullets just to get it on paper. Stay away from whatever that Fuzion crap is or something... its a moly coated bullet I think... pure garbage and corrosive. When I went to sight it in at 100yds I switched to the Hornady's.

Im sighted in perfect at 200yds now. Nothing I shoot will really be over that. I have absolutely NO need to shoot out to 1000yds.... ever. If something is that far away, id rather have a different gun for it anyway. Im looking more for a coyote at 200-300yds instead.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, Leupold uses foreign made glass in almost all there scopes......
Ah, all my paperwork says its owned, manufactured, based, all in America, in Oregon. If its not 100% American, then I'm still happy that it gives about 600 Americans jobs!

And thanks, Love this rifle!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.