Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gang, I finally did it! I got my first (it will not be my last) Ruger No. 1, in 25-06. She is a beauty, and I can't wait to shoot it. She came with an old 3x9 Redfield scope (when they were made in Denver), and Ruger rings. I got a great deal on her. Her trigger is crisp with no creep at all.

Enjoy!

RUNO1.jpg

RUGN1.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beautiful. No.1s are the Rugers that are really just inherently good looking. I argue that other Rugers are beautiful for their utilitarian appeal (SP101, Marks I-III, Mini-14).

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks great! I just can't get myself to get one because of that darn price tag... Oh, and because some of us need more than one shot :eek:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Sweet #1 mate.
Congratulations & enjoy.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Envy,,, take care of that nice wood lad get a good bag keep it away from bumps n snags

Tell us how it shoots later and only if needed we may help thee tweak its set up, No1's can be a wee small chore to get just right but that's a lot of the charm and attraction.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Sweeeeeet!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Congrats! That is a beautiful gun. Hope you enjoy owning it as much as I do mine. They are great rifles. There is only one major problem with them... you can never have too many. They are a bit habit forming.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Congratulations on a really fine rifle. I had one just like that a number of years ago. It is one gun that I truly regret letting go. Some day I will own another.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your comments. The military has me working like a "Rented Mule" right now, and I have not been qble to go out to shoot it. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to provide a range report. Stay tunned. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is a Ruger No. 1B, what I like is its two bases which reduces the weight that the original base is a full bridge. Beautiful caliber.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is a Ruger No. 1B, what I like is its two bases which reduces the weight that the original base is a full bridge. Beautiful caliber.
I don't think it's a 1-B, I Belive it's a # 1-V, all 1-V's have two bases. As to the weight, it's heaver than a 1-B.
Ruger # 1 Guy

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Really nice shooter. Some very beautiful wood. Congrats and enjoy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts