Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show off my new (to me) Security Six. Its a blue 4" barrel made in 77 according to the serial number. Found it at a local gun show yesterday. Its an ex-police carry, very good conditon, shows the smallest amount of holster wear at the muzzle, but looks nearly new otherwise. Has pacmyer grips on it now, I ordered a stock set fromm shop ruger as well. Can't wait to get out and shoot it!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome from Montana. You picked a fine weapon. Elegant and tough as heck.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Congrats on a great find. I bought the same gun in stainless steel earlier this year.
I put on those (new old stock) oversized wood grips Ruger sells. It looks good and feels good in my hand. I think you will enjoy shooting this one. Built like a tank.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Congratulations on your new Six, enjoy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice indeed sir...color me jealous!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
87Hurricane

Welcome to the forum.
Boy that's a great first post. I think those Security Sixes are a great packing six-gun. Just the right size for a carry .357.
Congrtulations, please let us know how it shoots.
Frank

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Very Nice...and welcome to RF.net!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very nice Security Six, it is one of my favorite revolvers and I'm absolutely sure that you will love yours as much as I do mine. Just be aware, they tend to become an addiction. Here's a picture of my trio.

Kenny

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got a chance to get out and shoot it yesterday, had a blast! It's the first time I've fired a revolver in quite a while, found it to be a very satisfying experience. Shot 50 rds of 38spl and 50 357, gun performed flawlessly. All in all I could not be happier with this gun. Appearently it was a little dirtier than I thought when I bought it, after cleaning it up it looks great, the blueing has a luster it never had before. This gun has me hooked, already thinking about picking up a 6" 44mag to compliment it.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Nice Six! Ruger sure knocked it out of the park when they made the Security-Six.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Glad you had a good time. Those Security Six's are great guns & their size allows easy CCW or field carry. They are accurate, & strong for their size.
Frank

1 - 20 of 22 Posts