Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Here's some pics of my baby. I think i'll call it "Yojimbo". Japanese for "bodyguard" :D I'm so excited!!!!!
Cool. The SR9c is a great little gun. But your Japanese body guard was made near me in Prescott, AZ. That's one of the main things I like about Rugers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice choice. Keep an eye on the trigger pin. After about 500 rounds mine and a few other on here started backing out. Small punch and some lock tight fixes this issue. I took mine to a gun smith and that's what he did. After 5000 more rounds it hasn't moved.

This is what I'm talking about. Its the pin sticking out above the mag release button. This is an actual pic of my gun when it started to back out.

This is just in case. It doesn't happen to everyone or every sr9c . Good luck and safe shooting!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great handgun, enjoy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice choice. Keep an eye on the trigger pin. After about 500 rounds mine and a few other on here started backing out. Small punch and some lock tight fixes this issue. I took mine to a gun smith and that's what he did. After 5000 more rounds it hasn't moved.

This is what I'm talking about. Its the pin sticking out above the mag release button. This is an actual pic of my gun when it started to back out.

This is just in case. It doesn't happen to everyone or every sr9c . Good luck and safe shooting!
I noticed the protruding pin on your original post and was going to ask you about it. Then I saw your follow up posts (post 5000 rds) and saw it was back in. Made me consciencious about the pins in mine. Checked them all. I will keep an eye out. Thanks for looking out for a brother ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Am seriously thinking about getting one soon. I have tried out the full size SR9 in stores and it looks and feels too big for me. The SR9c has a really nice grip.

My brain keeps telling me "get a Glock," but they just don't grab me. The SR9c is cheaper than a Glock, feels better, looks nicer (subjective, I know), and I have yet to hear anyone say they are not durable or reliable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup that pin isn't an issue anymore. When I take the sr9c to the range and let friends and others who ask fire it they all say they love it. I'm not kidding when I say at least 50 ppl have poped off a few rounds and they all say they love that gun. Even hard core Glock lovers can't say a single bad thing about it after shooting it. Now few more tips I've read on thin fourm. Clean the striker pin. Apparently ruger cakes it in grease for storage life in shops and sports stores. I actually haven't done thin yet tho. Over 5000 rounds of every ammo you can think of and my sr9c fired them all without a hiccup. I will be getting my striker pin cleans tho after I get my tools to do it right.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup that pin isn't an issue anymore. When I take the sr9c to the range and let friends and others who ask fire it they all say they love it. I'm not kidding when I say at least 50 ppl have poped off a few rounds and they all say they love that gun. Even hard core Glock lovers can't say a single bad thing about it after shooting it. Now few more tips I've read on thin fourm. Clean the striker pin. Apparently ruger cakes it in grease for storage life in shops and sports stores. I actually haven't done thin yet tho. Over 5000 rounds of every ammo you can think of and my sr9c fired them all without a hiccup. I will be getting my striker pin cleans tho after I get my tools to do it right.
I cleaned the striker the day I bought it. It is SUPER easy. :cool: I used an allen wrench. The videos on Rugers site and on Youtube were very helpful. BTW, that's the same way you remove the magazine safety, which I AM NOT ADVOCATING. Just saying ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I cleaned the striker the day I bought it. It is SUPER easy. :cool: I used an allen wrench. The videos on Rugers site and on Youtube were very helpful. BTW, that's the same way you remove the magazine safety, which I AM NOT ADVOCATING. Just saying ;)
Yeah I'm going to do that when I do it too. I never cleaned my gun. They advertised hat it would shot right out of the box and it has been ever since.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
100 rounds was not nearly enough! Shot through them in 30 minutes. Gun was flawless and accurate. Me, not so much.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, I have over 300 rds through this puppy and it is AWESOME! my shot group has tightened signifcantly: about 3-4 inches at 7yrds. Almost put a hole in the target :). Hitting low-left with everytime but doing it with precision. Not sure if it's me or the sights. I will give myself a little longer before I tamper with the sights. I am very happy with this gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts