Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new SR9C last week and already have 350 rounds through it. I have zero malfunctions but during the 350 rounds I’ve had four our five occasions were the trigger reset seemed to slow resetting, especially during raped fire with the 17 round magazine. I cleaned the gun before going to the range the first time. Before going to the range the second time I cleaned the gun and also the sticker channel. My question is if there is a problem with the trigger resetting will it happen more frequent than three or four times or is it me? I have and shoot a lot of Glock’s and never had a trigger issue. I’m new to Ruger semi auto pistols.

Thank you

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Just take care of it and keep shooting. If it's anything like mine, it will keep getting better and better.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Sometimes this can be as simple as the shooter forgetting to relax his finger after the trigger pull. In any case I agree that this will likely work itself out as the gun breaks in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes this can be as simple as the shooter forgetting to relax his finger after the trigger pull. In any case I agree that this will likely work itself out as the gun breaks in.
You know I was thinking just that. There might be a little difference between the Glock and Ruger trigger reset feel.

Thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shot my SR9c for the first time today - only 50 rounds. I love this gun.

One thing I have noticed... Ammo gets expensive after a while!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Keep shooting Old Salt, these guns are there for that purpose.. mine has many rounds thru it but I bought it to shoot. Enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts