Ruger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post......

Wife bought me a NM Super Blackhawk for my birthday, and I just picked it on Friday. The cool part was that the gun was test fired on 10/3, which is my birthday. Two things that I like on this gun.....My Dad has a 10-1/2" SBH that has the warning on the side of the barrel, this doesn't and I see that the internal lock is no longer on these. Not sure if these ever had them since everything I read was iffy at best.

Anyhow, went shooting yesterday and was hitting a rabbit silhouette at 100 yds easily with 300 gr. hard cast handloads.

here she is....sorry for the craptastic pic.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats on your 1st post, nice looking wheelgun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have one that I love also. I shoot 240 gr bullets in it but the way you are shooting I wouldn't change a thing Enjoy it. It will bring you a lot of shooting fun

·
Registered
403 Posts
First post......

Wife bought me a NM Super Blackhawk for my birthday, and I just picked it on Friday. The cool part was that the gun was test fired on 10/3, which is my birthday. Two things that I like on this gun.....My Dad has a 10-1/2" SBH that has the warning on the side of the barrel, this doesn't and I see that the internal lock is no longer on these. Not sure if these ever had them since everything I read was iffy at best.

Anyhow, went shooting yesterday and was hitting a rabbit silhouette at 100 yds easily with 300 gr. hard cast handloads.

here she is....sorry for the craptastic pic.:rolleyes:

Nice. But you shoot a rabbit with that thing, won't be nothing left. :):)

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Nice! Does look much better with the warning rolled under. Mine has it on the side... A rabbit sized target at 100Y is good shooting. I suspect from rest? Sounds like a keeper. Congrats!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Nice revolver, enjoy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Does look much better with the warning rolled under. Mine has it on the side... A rabbit sized target at 100Y is good shooting. I suspect from rest? Sounds like a keeper. Congrats!
Just my arms rested on the range table....nothing supporting the gun. I did hit it in prone a few times......

This and my S&W 66-4 are my two most accurate revolvers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice Ruger! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Very nice looking Super...really makes me miss my stainless one I sold last year:( .... luckily I still have my blue one!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice gift & welcome...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The only grip frames that ever had the locks were the aluminum XR3-RED and the new steel XR3.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Excellent Ruger you have there. I hope that you reload because then you can get even more enjoyment out of it.

The Super Blackhawks have avoided the locks so far. The stainless Blackhawks and Single Sixes have been lock-free too.

Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe your wife could call my wife with a birthday idea? :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts