Ruger Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
View attachment 158882
View attachment 158883 View attachment 158885 View attachment 158884

So, if anyone followed me originally, I had to sell my dad's 44' Inland M1 cal 30 carbine as I could not own it in the "great" state of New Jersey. And, although bitter sweet, the shop I left it with finally sold it and I picked this up last Tuesday. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time and at the right price. To each his own, but I stripped everything off (laser, flashlight, and the rigged rails), had to replace the stock as when the rail was cut around the iron sight, the prior owner cut into the stock. Just waiting for some new parts and will post some pics when its all done. And yes, when I got it I did look up and thanked my Dad
Wait...there's a 10/22 under all the pic rails?
I'd love to see what it looked like with all the other stuff that was probably mounted before it was sold. To each their own is right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wait...there's a 10/22 under all the pic rails?
I'd love to see what it looked like with all the other stuff that was probably mounted before it was sold. To each their own is right.
Hahaaaa!!! Those pics were it. That's what was on it in the shop. The shop owner didn't even see the cuts in the stock until I took a really close look at it. The original owner actually cut the section of rail out between the the red dot and the other piece of rail. It's all stripped down to original and the new stock is on. I am waiting for a few things to make it my own. I will post the "after" pics hopefully by the weekend

·
Registered
123 Posts
That would be NJ. First you need a Firearms ID Card. Then you have to apply for permits for handguns. I've applied for permits multiple times over the years at the local PD. By law they have 30 days to approve/disapprove the permits. I've waited 28 days, 65 days, 45 days. And my local PD, although it may have changed based on complaints, required re-fingerprinting every 3 years. It's seriously ridiculous to the point where you really do have to laugh.
And they've used the NJAC to implement additional restrictions without legislative scrutiny. For example, they wrote themselves a rule that says they can deny you a firearms ID for a change of address. So you only get one 2A address in NJ. After that some low-level bureaucrat can deny 2A because you have a new address. That means your only 2A move has to be outside of NJ !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And they've used the NJAC to implement additional restrictions without legislative scrutiny. For example, they wrote themselves a rule that says they can deny you a firearms ID for a change of address. So you only get one 2A address in NJ. After that some low-level bureaucrat can deny 2A because you have a new address. That means your only 2A move has to be outside of NJ !
And that is our plan. Both my wife and I have our ID's at our current address. However, our next move is out of the state. Looking forward to that day.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hahaaaa!!! Those pics were it. That's what was on it in the shop. The shop owner didn't even see the cuts in the stock until I took a really close look at it. The original owner actually cut the section of rail out between the the red dot and the other piece of rail. It's all stripped down to original and the new stock is on. I am waiting for a few things to make it my own. I will post the "after" pics hopefully by the weekend
I see that now. Wow!
I was just thinking that there had to have been a big ol' variable power scope on that platform too. Must have kept that for use on another rail on another gun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I see that now. Wow!
I was just thinking that there had to have been a big ol' variable power scope on that platform too. Must have kept that for use on another rail on another gun.
Honestly, when I walked into the shop and saw it on the wall, I didn't even realize it was a 10/22 at first. The first clue was the Ruger sticker on the stock. Other than that it screamed "You Can't Own This Piece of Heavy Artillery in New Jersey!!"
Currently I am keeping the red dot and to bi-pod. The flashlight on/off switch is broken and the laser I will use to annoy our cats. The old stock and the rails I will see if anyone wants or will end up in the trash.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am guessing people were going with "don't ask, don't tell" on anything they may have had. In this case, I believe from what I have gotten from a couple of law enforcement officers (who by the way think it BS), that the M1 is too easily converted to a full auto. I'm sure everything else on the list either comes under the same ridiculousness or is just scary looking. Yet a couple of years ago we had a shooting in Trenton where the perp had a handgun with I believe was a 30 rnd mag. Apparently gang bangers don't read the laws. Ours is no more than 10 rounds.
I thought most of these laws had a grandfather clause for example literally with inherited guns?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not really sure. And I don't know when the individual who had his seized and hence had the ct case inherited his. In my case, my dad passed in 2012. And I know the restriction was already in place. The laws here in NJ, like other blue states, are anti 2A. Worse here than in others

21 - 28 of 28 Posts